FSX WheelCam Utility V2.7
This program is a very basic tool that implements mouse-based panning and eyepoint adjustments, including the ability to move your eyepoint beyond the limits imposed by Flight Simulator X (this feature is good to stroll about virtual cabins of larger aircraft). This module requires a wheel-mouse ...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.64 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 29 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This program is a very basic tool that implements mouse-based panning and eyepoint adjustments, including the ability to move your eyepoint beyond the limits imposed by Flight Simulator X (this feature is good to stroll about virtual cabins of larger aircraft). This module requires a wheel-mouse (a center wheel that also acts as a center mouse button). By Gunnar Daehling.
USE AND YOUR OWN RISK! I offers this software on an as-is basis, and assumes no liability in your usage of this software.
Wheelcam_2_7_setup.exe is a self-contained application that will either install or uninstall the wheelcam.exe to any folder. If will overwrite earlier versions if a new version of the program is released. The program can be installed in an arbitrary folder. The program is started with
the FSX automatically (since there were problems with starting with the FSX parallel among some users I have installed an internal delay, see option STARTDELAY). It runs in the background. When ending the FSX the program is also exited stand-alone-ly (this can last up to 10 seconds).
Modes of Operation:
- Rolling the mouse wheel forward means rolling the wheel away from the user.
- Rolling the mouse wheel backward means rolling the wheel towards the user.
Virtual-cockpit / Outside view:
- Wheel forward moves you forward and wheel backward moves you back.
- CTRL + forward moves right and CTRL+backward moves left.
- SHIFT + forward moves up and SHIFT+backward moves down.
- CTRL + SHIFT bank the view left/right.
- SHIFT + left mouse click view to the aircraft.
- CTRL + left mouse click restore the default view.
- Mouse pointer on the left display edge + wheel rotation moves the cam right/left.
- Mouse pointer on the right upper display edge + wheel rotation moves the cam right/left, the cam always points at the center of the aircraft.
- Mouse pointer on the right lower display edge + wheel rotation moves the cam right/left, the cam always points at the center of the aircraft, the movement of the cam is in a direction.
- Mouse pointer on the upper display edge + wheel rotation moves the cam up/down.
- Mouse pointer on the lower display edge + wheel rotation moves the cam up/down, the cam always points at the center of the aircraft.
While in Pan Mode (when middle mouse button/wheel is pressed and held down) inside the Virtual Cockpit (move the mouse slowly):
- Moving the mouse to the left rotates the view to the left.
- Moving the mouse to the right rotates the view to the right.
- Moving the mouse forward, away from the user, rotates the view up.
- Moving the mouse backward, towards the user, rotates the view down.
The FSX has a key combination (Space + Moving mouse) of its own for it. The advantage of this function is a smoother movement of the camera. In addition, one can zoom in in this mode with the mouse wheel. I have installed my function to connect the camera setting with
variables. These then shall be in the position to be saved later in the cameras.cfg or in the aircraft.cfg of the current airplane.
- Increasing or reducing the distance to the airplane.
While in Pan Mode (see above) in Outside view (move the mouse slowly):
- Mouse left/right rotates the eyepoint right/left.
Keys on the keyboard:
- SHIFT + TAB WheelCam on/off.
Keys on the number keyboard (right):
- "+" increases the sensitivity when turning the mouse wheel
- "-" reduces the sensitivity when turning the mouse wheel
When reaching the lower and upper bound of the sensitivity a short note sounds.
- "*" save the current view to aircraft.cfg , views from cameras.cfg are not saved
- CTRL + "*" save the current view to aircraft.cfg as a new view
- "/" toggle the option MOVEXZ (see section options)
The saved views are activated after the reload the aircraft. It is necessary to choose another airplane first. However, it suffices not to change only the painting but the type (e.g. Cesna / Piper). Otherwise the program doesn't recognize the reload of the airplane and it can come to wrong settings of the cameras.
The name of the new views are "Wheelcam 1, Wheelcam 2, ... . You can edit the aircraft.cfg of the aircraft to change the names.
The following keys only work when the entry NUMPAD=1 in the Wheelcam.ini is available (NUMPAD=0 disabled this keys):
- NUMPAD 2 rotate the cam.
- NUMPAD 3 identical with the movement of the mouse wheel.
- NUMPAD 4 rotate the cam.
- NUMPAD 5 view to the aircraft.
- NUMPAD 6 rotate the cam.
- NUMPAD 8 rotate the cam.
- NUMPAD 9 identical with the movement of the mouse wheel.
Options in the WHEELCAM.INI:
- NUMPAD=1 0 | 1 see above.
- SLEEPMODUS=0 0 | 1 Wheelcam on/off on the start.
- KEY_PANRATE=0.25 0 - 10 degree/key input Pan with the Numpad Keys.
- STARTDELAY=20 0 - 100 seconds.
- SPOTMOVERATE=20 0 - 100 mouse sensitivity in the spot views.
- MOVEXZ=0 0 | 1 Movement in line of sight or parallel to the airplane axes.
These values are read at the start of the program. After a change the program must be started newly.
The archive wheelc27.zip has 4 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.