FSXControls Utility V2.0
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 935.79 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 24 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
FSXControls is a set of programs for FSX. (1) GUI multifunction application for: set up button & keyboard FSX controls; set up an unique GhostMouse technology; set some parameters of FSX cameras system; and more. (2) Charts and maps viewer gauge with nearest airport and navaids info. (3) GhostMouse driver module for FSX. By Eugene Motorny.
Finally, here it is! FSXControls is a set of three program modules:
- GUI multifunction application (FSXControls.exe).
- Chart viewer and airport info gauge (EQgauges.dll).
- Control input handling module (EQmodule.dll) implementing technology that I named GhostMouse.
This set is provided for free for NON commercial use for all MS Flight Simulator X funs. Of cause, this set is designed primarily for advanced FS pilots, but it can be used by everyone who wants to enhance one's simulator experience. The programs are easy to use but require a bit of FSX knowledge & experience for understanding. Sorry, this is just a result of my hobby & I can't provide comprehensive manual or full support for the software. The program will be enhanced but it'll be always in beta stage. No risk -' no fun.
Whom this software is for?
- FSXControls.exe is for owners of advanced controller system with a lot of programmable buttons (home cockpits, joystick set, CHProducts' MFCpanel etc).
- ChartViewer.dll is for virtual pilots who prefer to fly with paper charts but not with artificial moving map. Real world pilots do not have moving map except GNS, but extensively use paper charts.
- EQModule.dll (GhostMouse driver) is for owners of advanced payware add-on aircrafts. Unfortunately add-on aircrafts mostly lack of feature that maps keyboard or joystick input to the advanced aircraft control. EQModule.dll do also many other neat tricks.
- GhostMouse is the Easter Egg of the program. I'm proud to share it among MSFS enthusiast community.
- The programs were developed using MS Visual Studio Express edition. Great thanks for Microsoft for this free amazing development platform. I really enjoyed the process.
- Windows XP SP2 or SP3. (It should work on Vista too but I have not tested that).
- Properly installed MS FSX SP2 with SimConnect. (FSX SP1 is supported from version 1.2.1 of FSXControls). I'm not sure whether it works on FSX Acceleration Pack. In theory it should do, but I don't have it to test. "Properly installed" means that FSX was installed by the native installer. FSXControls relies on registry information and installed SimConnect runtime shipped with FSX.
- .NET 2.0 with latest service pack. Get it from Microsoft.
- Properly installed latest version of DirectX 9c. (DirectX 10 on Vista) The program relies on managed DirectX libraries.
- Full access (read, write, create) permissions to FSX installation folder & all its subfolders.
What's new in version 2.0:
- FSXcontrols GUI:
- Rebuilt one windowed GUI.
- Cameras group operations.
- Controlling aircraft variants visibility.
- Pseudo gauges.
- Press/Click/Hold input differentiated.
- Aircraft categories run time filter.
- Option to take gauge background from panel or file.
- Improved engine taking care with simultaneously pressed joystick buttons.
- Autotrim feature.
- New plate mode.
- New NAVaids mode.
- More handy most recent used list.
- Drawing on the map: route and ruler.
- Many small but neat features for convenience.
- Some fixed bugs and many new ones.
The archive fsxctl20.zip has 19 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|FSXControls Manual 2.0 (Eng).url||07.15.09||143 B|
|FSXControls Manual 2.0 (Rus).url||07.21.09||254 B|
|Legal Terms.txt||07.15.09||947 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.