Vehicle Simulator Demo
Vehicle Simulator is a unique simulator, combining land, underwater, sea surface, air and low orbit environments into one, the program makes it possible to drive, fly, sail, dive, and go into space in one convincing simulation environment. The program excels especially as a flight simulator and a...
- Download hits
- Windows Vista, 7, XP, 2000
- File size
- 31.54 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Vehicle Simulator is a unique simulator, combining land, underwater, sea surface, air and low orbit environments into one, the program makes it possible to drive, fly, sail, dive, and go into space in one convincing simulation environment. The program excels especially as a flight simulator and as a naval simulator combining the powers of two previous simulators Micro Flight and Virtual Sailor into one, however the game engine was completely re written and has far greater capability and capacity than any of the previous ones it was made of.
Vehicle Simulator has some unique and innovative features that stand out compared to other programs of its kind, here are some of them:
- Ability to see air flow visualization, allowing you to learn how to soar cleverly using the rising currents of air caused by wind, thermals cloud suction.
- Ability to design your landscape easily inside the program itself, in 3D, editing everything including the ground and vegetation upon it.
- Ability to design your vehicle out of components, and elements, position and adjust each of them, giving your vehicle unlimited functionality.
- Built-in simulation of Hang Gliders, Para gliders, Hot air balloons, dirigibles, planes, gliders, rocket planes, boats, cars, micro lights, and more.
- Ability to import scenery directly out of SRTM data and using it on the fly without the need for any additional work.
- Simulating animals of all kinds, on land air and water, and allowing creation of new ones and programming their behavior.
- Simulating weapons of all kinds allowing you to practice weapon operation for the fun of it.
- Advanced recording and playback of flights, and addition of pre recorded vehicles into an exiting one.
The program uses fully documented file formats, and invites a hands on experiences, noting is locked away from the user, allowing third party add-ons to be easily made.
Vehicle Simulator was created by Ilan Papini first version released in March 2009. Vehicle Simulator is based upon Micro Flight and Virtual Sailor, and combines them into one powerful program containing :
- Excellent graphics from ground level and up.
- Excellent naval environment above and below water.
- Excellent atmospheric model from ground up to space.
- Excellent vehicle simulation for land, naval and flying vehicles.
- Component based vehicle design making the program a great engineering tool.
- Scripting language capability allowing complicated scenarios to be simulated and edited.
Vehicle Simulator has a much denser scenery than these two programs, an excellent physical simulation, and a totally flexible vehicle design.
Vehicle Simulator includes a built in scenery and vehicle design, making it much simpler for users to create and share content than ever before.
The simple yet powerful vehicle design makes Vehicle Simulator an excellent learning tool and also a powerful preliminary design tool.
Vehicle Simulator was designed to run on the average gaming machine specs available for 2008, however it can be adjusted to run on machines with less performance. Vehicle Simulator is built to use DirectX9 with vertex and pixel shaders 2.0 and volumetric textures. It is essential that your computer has a video card which is compatible with DirectX9.
Aircraft in Vehicle Simulator
Hang-glider in field
High above the Earth in Vehicle Simulator
Virtual cockpit of aircraft
Under the ocean
Having always been a fan of simulators – obviously! – I was looking forward to trying out Vehicle Simulator. As the name implies, this gives you access to more than just aircraft; it lets you drive boats, cars and any kind of low orbit space flight just the way that you would have wanted. For someone who wanted to have something new to play in the simulation world this was the perfect place to get started.
However, the thing that struck me most pertinently when installing this product was just how well it actually carried the simulation across each spectrum!
Due to the fact that this has so much useful information and advice to give you within the simulator itself it became incredibly easy to get to grips with the basics, whilst still leaving me to get the professional and hardcore tricks down for each type of vehicle that’s currently available. Having combined two absolutely brilliant simulators – Micro Flight & Virtual Sailor – into the one super package, this gives you arguably the greatest variety of any vehicle simulator that I’ve ever played.
It’s incredibly easy to just get lost in this excellent package, giving you all the help that you need to really get into the project and see it develop, grow and perform to the very best of its abilities. I’ve got a love for genuinely versatile simulation games and this really takes it to a whole new level; it provides you with some really awesome features such as;
High end graphics – I expected a half-made world and some pretty average graphics but was frankly blown away at just how good this looked when I first switched it on
Excellent atmosphere from the ocean to the atmosphere; everything in this feels far more realistic than you might have imagined, and can be the perfect tonic for anyone who can find that the world in other simulators can feel a little flat
The selection of vehicles to pick from is very impressive, too; you won’t just be running around with one or two for each genre of vehicle to pick from. This gives you a genuine list of high-end transport to pick from, making your life so much easier as you’ll be able to practice pretty much whatever you want to, whenever it suits. Whatever you need, you’ll find that the excellent vehicle simulator can make it possible; it’s easy one of the most versatile simulation products that I have ever used!
If you want a change from the usual big hitters like FSX and would like to vary up what you are flying, driving or swimming in then you might want to give Vehicle Simulator a try. It’s easy to use, effective in its design and its style and, most importantly of all, hugely useful in the long-term as its always getting updated and improved upon by the developers and various contributing parties
I found myself getting a little bit bored from time to time with rigid simulations, and being able to bring it all together has created a hugely useful simulation package that nearly anyone could get a benefit from!
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.