FSX North American Rockwell OV-10D Bronco
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 11.46 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
North American Rockwell OV-10D Bronco. Modified for FSX by Bob Familton, Shane Reilly, Dietmar Loleit, and David "Opa" Marshall. Originally by Tim Conrad. This is the whole aircraft, with model, updated panel, updated textures, and updated Aircraft.cfg.
All new FS2004 model of the OV-10D twin turboprop FAC/COIN aircraft, designed in late '60's for USAF, and also USMC and Navy. Readily recognizable by its large canopy, twin tailbooms with high set tailplanes, and angled sponsons able to carry a range of ordnance. Also used by Morocco, Thailand, Columbia, Indonesia, Venezuela, and the Philippines. This all new model has full animations, including spoiler plates, cargo hatch, slotted flaps, canopy doors and steps, and VC.
1)After downloading the zip, locate it, and extract the file to a temp folder.
2)Copy the folder OV-10D over to your FS aircraft folder
3) Copy the ov10a.cab, and ov-10d.cab gauge files over to your FS2004 Gauges folder. Copy any effects files to the sim's effects folder.
4) During this installation, you may be asked to overwrite some files. This may be due to you already having some of my planes installed. Overwrite or not, choice is yours.
5) Double check everything before e-mailing me! 99% of problems can be solved this way:-) Since you are reading this, you are way ahead of the dimwits who don't bother to read readme files!:-p
The OV-10D has a slightly different panel, but most of the gauges are the same, or at least give the same info.
The beacons on the A models were replaced by strobes on the D models, so this version has a strobe light switch in place of the older beacon switch.
This model is an all-new FS2004 creation. If you happen to have my older version, trash it!:-)
In the aircraft selection menu, look under North American Rockwell
SHF e2 will open the rear cargo door.
OV-10's have a smoke generator via the left exhaust, which, simply enough, can be activated in FS9 with the smoke key (default key i)
OV-10's have spoiler plates that work with the ailerons for roll control. They cannot be deployed like normal speedbrakes, so plan your descents properly!
See the attached pics for which VC switches work.
The start switches in the VC don't work properly (don't know why?), but the 2-d pop-up start switches will work. Or you can just use CTL e (auto-start).
Airfile done with Air Wrench
To all who download and enjoy my planes:-)
And to all of the makers of all the tutorials, utilities, tips, etc. Couldn't do it without you!!
This aircraft was tested in FS2004
Flight Model set to HARD
Plane Textures set to HIGH
Screen res set to 1280x1024
Reflections set to ON
P4 2.8 GHZ
19" NEC 1970GX LCD Flat Monitor
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7600 512MB Vidcard
with 81.94 drivers
TM Cougar HOTAS/CH Pro Pedals
Stick Sensitivities set to max, with no null zones.
Results with your Computer and Sim Settings may vary.
This model was built to the best of my skills, knowledge, and simply to my own tastes and standards.
If something is "missing", or "wrong", oh well, you got it for a good price:-) For a one-man shop, I think I do pretty well:-p
Tim Piglet Conrad
Piglet's Peculiar Planes
OV-10D Bronco for FSX.
This version of the Bronco is updated for FSX. Please note in the readme.txt that the information that was mentioned by Tim Piglet Conrad for FS2004 applies the same in FSX. The changes in the aircraft and panel are:
1) A thumbnail is added to the Texture folder so that the plane will show in the Aircraft Select Menu in FSX.
2) A reference.htm is added to explain the HUD. It is accessed by the Kneeboard Icon then clicking on "Reference".
3) A HUD is added to the 2d panel only. It is accessed by the "H" Icon. It is not in the VC. No way to include it in the VC was found.
4) A gunsight is added to the 2d panel. It is accessed by the "GS" Icon. It is not in the VC. No way to include it in the VC was found.
5) Camera definitions for the tail, right and left views are added.
6) An autopilot is added to the 2d panel only. No way to include it in the VC was found.
7) It is now called Marine 114. The Bronco callout is not included in the default FSX ATC list. It could be added with EditVoicepack if desired by the user.
8) OPTIONAL: One thing you might want to do while the aircraft.cfg is open is find the section titled:
and look for the following line:
Remove the "//" from in front of the "
lift_scalar=5.00" and add two "//" in front of the original.
This number was changed this number to 5.00 to help lower the excessively nose-high attitude this aircraft has during landing.
9) To have the callsign for the Marine and for the CAPFlight spoken, download editvoicepackx v 4.0 and CAPFLIGHT Callsign. Open Editvoicepack X and click File/import. Click on the .vcpmod file and open. Hit save, then import. Now you can select CAPFlight from the aircraft's Description menu in FSX.
Credit is given to Tim Piglet Conrad who originally designed and uploaded the GREAT basic aircraft and panel. The original file was OV-10D.zip. He has given permission, in writing, to update the OV-10D for FSX and add the HUD and gunsight.
Credit is given to Dietmar Loleit who designed and uploaded the GENHUD gauge to Avisim. He has given permission, in writing, to use his HUD in this update.
Credit is given to David "Opa" Marshall who helped with formatting the reference.htm.
Credit is given to Ken Glaze and John Detrick for their repaints.
The panel changes, camera definitions, and other changes, were made by Bob Familton. The installer and added/updated textures and testing were made by Shane Reilly.
These changes shouldn't harm your computer, but we accept no responsability for their use and effect. The update shall not be posted anywhere else and shall not be used in any shareware or payware product. It is strictly freeware.
The model and panel are not to be modified in any way without the written permission of Tim 'Piglet' Conrad first, then Shane Reilly.
There will be NO posting to websites other than Flightsim.com and Sim-outhouse.com without the written and granted permission from Tim 'Piglet' Conrad and Shane Reilly.
The archive ov10dfsx.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|OV-10D 1.jpg||09.18.10||288.46 kB|
|OV-10D 2.jpg||09.18.10||270.13 kB|
|OV-10D 3.jpg||09.18.10||247.24 kB|
|OV-10D 4.jpg||11.25.07||54.25 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.