FSX Montreal Pierre-Elliot Trudeau Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 23.58 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 24 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Montreal Pierre-Elliot Trudeau International Airport (CYUL), Quebec, Canada. Feature terminal assignments, corrected Concourse A, reworked ramp parking, added jetways, reworked taxiways and lighting and more. By Kambiz Agazi.
Formerly known as Montréal-Dorval International Airport, the airport is located in the city of Dorval, on the Island of Montreal some 20 km (12 mi) from Montreal's downtown.
CYUL_KA.bgl represents a modification to the stock FSX CYUL. Some of the changes include:
1. AI Terminal (Concourse) assignments per official web page and parking sizes optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2 and WOAI schedules.
2. Concourse A modified to reflect current conditions.
3. Many gate assignments accurate though focus was on Concourse assignments (A - domestic, B - International and C - Transborder (USA)).
4. Ramp parking reworked to accomodate more GA.
5. Several jetways added to the Terminals per Google Maps and the Official web site's Terminal Layout.
6. Additional commuter off-gate parking added per official web site and google maps.
7. All taxiway and runway pavement type, lights, approach lights/equipment, and markings added or revised per airport specifications and google maps.
8. All airport scenery now shows at normal scenery density.
9. All runways active - AI flow control added see note below.
10. New Control Tower with rotating beacon. Control Tower height modified per airport specifications and new ramp tower with a few airport buildings added per chart.
11. All new ILS approach transitions (FSX stock ILS's are vector to final only) per 2006 approach plates included for Rwy's 10, 24R, 6L and 6R and
12. Additional service vehicles and vehicle paths added to facilitate quicker and more efficient movement.
NOTE: After many hours of examining both the seen and unseen aspects of CYUL, it became apparent that AI traffic flow issues arose when AI are landing and taxing for take-off on 24R and 24L. For example, as AI landed on 24L, AI taxing for take-off would get "stuck" on the single taxiway used for arrivals and departures. The AI that landed would exit the runway and also become "stuck". Another AI traffic flow issue arose due to the confluence of Rwy's 6L and 10. As AI entered the runway at 6L, the AI on short final on 10 were directed to go-around. The greater the traffic density the more likely to witness these issues. One work-around which I'm testing (and looking for feedback on) is to reduce the likelihood of AI landing on 24L and completely disallow AI (and the user plane) from using 10 and 24R for take-off. Take-off permitted from the 6's, 24L and 28. Landing permitted on the 6's, 10 and 24R. I have examined this fix and believe it to significantly reduce AI traffic flow issues.
A slight misalignment of runway 10's ILS was also corrected. This was never an issue for AI since they don't fly the ILS but rather a vectors to final, but now the user plane will fly down the centerline of the runway as well. I have added a "fake" VOR/DME called YUL1 directly on top of YUL to give the user the option of taking a slightly longer route for Rwy 10. In real life the ATC can use the same VOR to direct traffic to the IF or IAF, but in FSX the ATC will require 2 separate point in order to honor the different pattern from the same VOR.
Some minor adjustments to taxiways to reduce encroachments. The taxiway between Concourse A (detached) and Concourse B is a bit tight. In real life, heavies are prohibited from using this cut-through. I have given as much room as possible in the event a heavy is diverted between the Terminals to avoid on oncoming AI taxing to parking; however, you may see minor encroachment depending on parked AI size.
Installation: Place CYUL_KA.bgl in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. Start up FSX and the scenery will be active. Note, CYUL_KA.bgl should be placed at a higher scenery priority level in FSX as compared to other scenery in the area including UTX Canada or the province of Quebec landclass and mesh produced by Gilles Gauthier. To uninstall, simply remove/delete the file.
I have tested CYUL using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that CYUL works with Scenery Tech North America and FS Genesis Canada Mesh.
CYUL was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2 and WOAI. While CYUL will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Concourse or gate when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
Special note: CYUL_KA.bgl was created using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.39 BETA). The approach transitions were created using official plates and ADE V1.39 Beta. A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. The ILS approach transitions to runways 10, 6L, 6R, and 24R would not have been possible without Jim's KIAD tutorial and help.
The archive cyul_ka.zip has 4 files and directories contained within it.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|