FSX Hongqiao International Airport Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 4.66 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Hongqiao International Airport (ZSSS), Shanghai, China. A complete re-make of the default airport from scratch utilising Airport Design Editor 1.47.07. This adds the new runway, new terminal, new aprons and new taxiways along with all new taxi signs as well as relocating the original terminal, aprons and taxiways correctly. Gates are accurately numbered and coded for correct terminal use and all approaches have been re-written to the current Jeppesen plate. Many buildings, roads, railroad and scenery elements, including a landclass to better represent the city of Shanghai, in which the airport is located, are incorporated. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
Developed By: Matthew Brooks
Released By: Alpha-India Group
For FS Version: FSX (Default Airport)
Airport: ZSSS - Hongqiao International, Shanghai, PRC
Join the Team:
AIG Ground is actively seeking Afcad developers eager to learn, share knowledge and willing to adapt to AIG standards to join our team developing high quality Afcads for FS2004 and for FSX.
If this interests you, please visit our Forums at www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php and see the more detailed post about this.
Shanghai Hongqiao International was the first airport developed in Shanghai, China, but is now second in size to Pudong. Hongqiao is closer to the centre of Shanghai - only 23km as compared to Pudong's 40km. In March 2010 the airport's new runway and new terminal opened. The new (domestic) terminal is 4 times the size of terminal 1, which now serves as the international terminal.
Despite being the second airport in the city, Shanghai Hongqiao International is a hub for most major Chinese airlines and home to both Shanghai Airlines and Spring Airlines. China Eastern Airlines is the biggest single user with flights to 39 destinations both domestic and international. Many major international airlines, such as JAL, ANA, Korean Air and more also fly here.
Shanghai Honqiao International also sees some cargo flights and its closer proximity to the city makes it the preferred destination airport for many executive jets.
1. Completely re-drew aprons and taxiways to real world, adding new taxiways not included in the default airport.
2. Added the new runway 18R/36L and changed the designator of the default airport 18/36 to 18L/36R.
3. Removed all existing taxi signs and added 300 new signs made to a better design and standard, including all the new taxiways.
4. Added the new terminal 2 along with its integrated rail station and added jetway extensions to the jetways at both terminals and static second jetways to the correct jetways at the new terminal, as per Google Earth.
5. Removed all aircraft parking and created a large number of commercial, cargo and GA parking spots as per real world and numbered and coded them for operations per the real world airport in Jeppesen charts and Google Earth.
6. Added 25km of landclass in each direction around the airport to better reflect the airport's surroundings in subruban Shanghai.
7. Added substantial lengths of roads and railroad inside and outside the airport the airport perimeter as per Google Earth.
8. Changed the control tower to a more representative style and placed contorl tower view on the roof of the tower.
9. Added a large number of other buildings with more representative structures as per Google Earth and added other elements such as lights, cargo and vehicles on the airport and its immediate surroundings for greater realism.
10. All approach code was re-written for the airport as per the current Jeppesen plate by Bruce Nicholson.
Preparation, Verification and Testing:
1. Verified against Jeppesen Charts dated 9th April 2010 and Google Earth images dated 13th February 2010.
2. Tested with WOAI, UGA, custom AI, default AI and Henry Tomkiewicz's Cessna package (payware)
3. Extensively Beta tested by members of the AIG Afcad Development team and other AIG team members - thanks guys !
For information on the usage of terminals by particular airlines, I had to rely heavily on Wikipedia because of the limitations of the online timetable of the airport. Usage of specific gates at the airport is based on a combination of the limited photographic evidence available on Airliners.net along with that which works best for traffic flow at the airport. I made several assumptions, including the addition of A380 capable gates at the airport, which seems likely.
Special thanks to Bruce Nicholson for undertaking writing approach code as per the current Jeppesen plate for the whole airport - both the original and the new runway.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Jim Daehlens for kind permission to use his lights in any AIG projects and which are used widely here.
1. Remove any existing ZSSS AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
2. Place the file AIG_ZSSS_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_ZSSS_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
3. Place the included file lightobj.bgl in your main Scenery/Global/Scenery file - this includes the lghts used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have this file installed, you do not need to install it again.
4. Place the two included files almwht.dds and lights1.dds in your main Scenery/Global/Texture file - these are textures for the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have these files installed, you do not need to install them again.
Special Installation Notes:
This AFD/Afcad uses the JFK jetway short and long extensions on 3 gates. If you have previously installed Jim Vile's WSSS, Ray Smith's KPTA or my own LTAI, EDDL, ESMS, OLBA or other airports you should have already taken the following steps. if not please do the following to see these jetways correctly:
1. Go to your Scenery/NAME/Texture folder and locate the two files "JFK_Jetway.dds" and "JFK_Jetway_LM.dds".
2. Copy each of these files and paste them into your Scenery/Global/Texture folder - you only need to do this once and any subsequent AFDs/Afcads you install using this technique will show them also.
1. Remove or delete the file AIG_ZSSS_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_ZSSS_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
Comments and feedback appreciated. Look out for further Alpha India Group Afcads coming soon!
The archive aig_zsss_default_fsx.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.