FlightGear is a free, open-source flight simulator, licensed under GPL. A new version 0.9.5 is now available. Highlights include new scheduled air traffic system, OpenAL audio subsystem, support for SDL and more. For more information, click on Read More.
am pleased to announce the release of FlightGear v0.9.5.
FlightGear is a free, open-source, multi-platform flight simulator. The source code is licensed under the GPL.
FlightGear is available for free download from:
Precompiled versions of FlightGear v0.9.5 are available (or will be soon) for most platforms including Windows, Linux, Sgi, Solaris, and Mac OS X.
Here are a few of the highlights from this release:
- A new system to add realistically scheduled air traffic to the FG world.
- Audio subsystem is now based on OpenAL.
- Support for SDL.
- An XML based gui/widget layout system.
- Many internal improvements, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Out of the box support for several new joysticks.
- Many new, updated, and improved aircraft.
- Updated airports with windsocks, towers, and rotating beacons.
- Complete rebuild of the world scenery based on SRTM terrain data.
- Accurate radio towers for the USA.
You can view the complete summary of the new features, changes, and bug fixes for this release here:
This is the biggest, baddest FlightGear release ever! Come fly the open source skies with us.