AFCAD File For OJAI Updated
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 307.59 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 24 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan, for the default scenery. By Matthew Brooks / Alpha-India Group.
Queen Alia International is a significant airport in the Middle East region and sees a good range of passenger traffic, a small amount of cargo traffic as well as a surprising amount of small GA. Royal Jordanian is based here, including the royal flights, for which there is a separate apron, alogn with Jordanian Aviation, Royal Wings and more. Middle Eastern low cost carriers are also a significant element of traffic - Air Arabia, Jazeera, newly launched FlyDubai and Bahrain Air all call here.
Queen Alia International is due to undergo significant development of the passenger terminal starting soon and finishing about 2011.
- Re-aligned the two runways and their taxiways according to Google Earth.
- Re-drew all the aprons according to Google Earth with close reference also to Jeppesen charts.
- Allocated RJA parking to the south apron following research and radiuses and coded as necessary for the aircraft, airlines and cargo aircraft calling here. This included adding several more gate parking spots and overflow airline parking and cargo spots than existed in the default airport, especially on the South Apron. I also used the apron along side the Maintenance apron for GA aircraft, as there is no clearly designated area in Jeppesen charts. Coding is limited to RJA parking to leave the airlines using the north apron to ue the gates there randomly, as seems to be the case in the real world.
- For the Terminal jetways, I added the JFK jetway extensions - please see Special Installation Instructions below - based on Google Earth images.
- Added a significant amount of GA parking of various sizes to cover the different aircraft based at or visiting the airport.
- Placed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways.
- Added landclass where needed to add appropriate textures to the airport.
- Added large areas of landclass in different textures to better represent the area around the airport.
- Added fire station, missing roads, large areas of car parking, parked cars, cargo vehicles and various other elements to add realism to the airport.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.40 - is significantly advanced with the addition of the graphical Approach code editor, written by Jim Vile. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Special Installation Instructions:
This AFD/Afcad uses the JFK jetway short and long extensions fro all jetway gates. If you have previously installed Jim Vile's WSSS, Ray Smith's KPTA or my own ESMS you should have already taken the following steps. if not please do the following to see these jetways correctly.
- Go to your Scenery/NAME/Texture folder and locate the two files "JFK_Jetway.dds" and "JFK_Jetway_LM.dds".
- Copy each of these files and paste them into your Scenery/Generic/Texture folder - you only need to do this once and any subsequent AFDs/Afcads you install using this technique will show them also.
- Remove any existing OJAI AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the two files AIG_OJAI_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_OJAI_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_OJAI_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_OJAI_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_OJAI_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_ojai_queen_alia_amman_mb_fsx_default.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||01.04.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.