AFCAD File For OLBA Updated
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 498.59 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 8 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Rafic Hariri International Airport, Beirut, Lebanon, for the default scenery. By Matthew Brooks / Alpha-India Group.
Rafic Hariri International is a significant airport in the Middle East region - often cited as second only to Dubai - and sees a good range of passenger traffic and cargo traffic as well as a surprising large amount of executive and small GA. MEA (Middle East Airlines) is based here, along with Menajet and Flying Carpet (recently re-branded Med Airways) and it is a good spot to see the narrow body aircraft of major middle eastern airlines such as Qatar Airways and Gulf Air. Middle Eastern low cost carriers are also a significant element of traffic - Air Arabia, Jazeera, newly launched FlyDubai and Bahrain Air all call here frequently.
Rafic Hariri International is also a developing cargo hub and you will see everything from B747's and an AN-124 to several AN-12's. Executive aviation is well provided for and surprisingly numerous - BBJ's, Gulfstreams, Citations etc. - as well as many single prop. Ga aircraft.
Also surprisingly, the airport has 3 runways - considerably more than the traffic needs - which, with the crosswind version, makes it interesting to watch for that reason.
- Added the large GA apron close to the north end of R17/35.
- Made the 3 runways crosswind, although leaving R16/34 and R17/35 closed to landing as research indicates is the case in real life.
- Changed all parking in line with Jeppsen charts and radiuses and coded as necessary for the aircraft, airlines and cargo aircraft calling here. This included adding several more gate parking spots and overflow airline parking and cargo spots than existed in the default airport. Coding is limited to MEA parking and the heavy gates as I had no verification of specific gate use beyond this.
- For the Heavy gates, I added the JFK jetway extensions - please see Special Installation Instructions below. I also gave these gates double jetways, as in real life, although only one of these is animated. More than 1 animated jetway can have negative FPS impact on anything other than high end computers.
- Added a significant amount of GA parking of various sizes to cover the different aircraft based at or visiting the airport.
- Placed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways.
- Added landclass along that part of 16/34 which sticks out on the promontory, as indicated from Google Earth images. Also placed a Flatten under the road provided along side the default airport but where the traffic falls off the cliff.
- Added large areas of landclass in different textures to better represent the area around the airport.
- Added missing roads, including Tahouitet el Ghadir which runs alongside to the south of the airport and was entirely omitted from the default.
- Added large areas of car parking, parked cars, cargo vehicles and various other elements to add realism to the airport.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest beta version - 1.40 - is significantly advanced with the addition of the graphical Approach code editor, written by Jim Vile. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Special Installation Notes:
This AFD/Afcad uses the JFK jetway short and long extensions on 3 gates. If you have previously installed Jim Vile's WSSS, Ray Smith's KPTA or my own ESMS you should have already taken the following steps. if not please do the following to see these jetways correctly:
- Go to your Scenery/NAME/Texture folder and locate the two files "JFK_Jetway.dds" and "JFK_Jetway_LM.dds".
- Copy each of these files and paste them into your Scenery/Generic/Texture folder - you only need to do this once and any subsequent AFDs/Afcads you install using this technique will show them also.
- There are two versions of this airport, one with crosswind runways active and one without crosswind runways. Files that have CW in the name are for the crosswind version. See the installation area for instructions on installing your preferred version.
- Remove any existing OLBA AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Place the two files AIG_OLBA_CW_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_OLBA_CW_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL (for the crosswind runway version) or AIG_OLBA_ADE_KTC_Default.BGL and AIG_OLBA_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL (for the version without crosswind runways) in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_OLBA_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_OLBA_CW_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_OLBA_CW_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL or AIG_OLBA_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_OLBA_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_olba_rafic_hariri_beirut_mb_fsx_default.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX_big.png||01.04.09||188.92 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.