FSX Jackson County Airport Scenery
(KJXN), Michigan (MI), USA. Update of the stock Jackson County-Reynolds Field Airport to add terminal with lighted welcome sign and replace the generic FSX tower. Taxiways and signs have been updated to more closely reflect the prototype. A fenced in parking lot with cars and light poles has a...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.9 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 8 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
(KJXN), Michigan (MI), USA. Update of the stock Jackson County-Reynolds Field Airport to add terminal with lighted welcome sign and replace the generic FSX tower. Taxiways and signs have been updated to more closely reflect the prototype. A fenced in parking lot with cars and light poles has also been added to the airport. There are no airline assignments on parking areas as this airport is no longer served by commercial aircraft. In the past, North Central provided passenger service with a Convair 580. This version of the airport displays static general aviation aircraft on one end of the terminal building with a single gate on the other end that can be used for another aircraft. This is a compromise between the past and present. By Bill Howland.
Screenshot of Jackson County Airport scenery.
This airport was generated using Airport Design Editor 9x. Custom terminal, welcome sign and tower modeled using gmax. This airport is for FSX only and has been tested under Windows 7 64bit.
The static T33 located at the airport entrance is used with permission from the author, Guy Diotte. Thank you Guy for sharing your model, there is a similar model on display at the entrance of the KJXN prototype airport.
To install this airport, please perform the following steps:
- Unzip the kjxn_fsx.zip file to a temporary location.
- Copy the KJXN folder (which contains two subfolders named "scenery" and "texture") to your FSX addon scenery folder, most likely found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery". The scenery subfolder contains a BGL file that defines the airport and the texture subfolder contains the texture files required to display custom objects.
- Start FSX.
- Click "SETTINGS" on the left portion of the main screen.
- Click "Scenery Library" on the right side of the settings screen.
- Click "Add Area..." on the settings-scenery library screen.
- Navigate to the location of the new KJXN folder you copied in step 2 and click "OK". For Windows 7 users, click in the white area of the file list prior to clicking "OK". FSX will likely display a dialog box indicating indexes are being updated. Once this finishes, proceed to step 8.
- Once you have added the scenery area, it should be displayed in the "Available scenery areas" table on the setting-scenery library screen. Make sure the KJXN scenery area has a priority higher than the stock FSX scenery areas. Also, make sure the "Enabled" box is checked next to the KJXN scenery area. This will ensure the airport is displayed.
If you have problems with the airport displaying, please make sure there are no other versions of the KJXN airport are located in the addon scenery folder.
The archive kjxn_fsx.zip has 20 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KJXN 1.jpg||07.15.12||585.56 kB|
|KJXN 2.jpg||07.15.12||657.62 kB|
|KJXN 3.jpg||07.15.12||643.78 kB|
|KJXN 4.jpg||07.15.12||631.86 kB|
|T33 Texture US.bmp||11.27.11||682.75 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.