FS2004 Bavaria Douglas DC-3
Bavaria Douglas DC-3 (Oktoberfest version). Texture files only for owners of the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD. Based on original texture files made by Jan Visser, Mark Beaumont, H.J. Naegele. D-CADE was owned by Bavaria Airways in the period between 1960 and 1967. Preferably used for Oktberfest transf...
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 5.39 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Bavaria Douglas DC-3 (Oktoberfest version). Texture files only for owners of the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD. Based on original texture files made by Jan Visser, Mark Beaumont, H.J. Naegele. D-CADE was owned by Bavaria Airways in the period between 1960 and 1967. Preferably used for Oktberfest transfers. By Klaus Mueller.
Screenshot of Bavaria Douglas DC-3 on the ground.
The zip-file only contains the texture files modified by me. For a successful installation, please follow exactly the steps below:
- The MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD must already be installed in your FS2004.
- Look for the directory named MAAM-R4D in the AIRCRAFT folder of your FS2004. In MAAM-SIM R4D, you will find another directory, named TEXTURE. Create a copy of this TEXTURE folder (to do this, copy the existing folder, paste and name it TEXTURE.BAV).
- Unzip BAV_FS9.ZIP into a temporary folder (which can be deleted after installation has been completed). In the directory BITMAPS, you will find the modified texture files: Copy all files located in BITMAPS into the newly created directory TEXTURE.BAV (Say 'Yes' when being prompted to overwrite the existing files).
- Last step is the modification of the AIRCRAFT.CFG, also located in directory MAAM-SIM OY-BPB. If you like, backup the original file first. Then, open AIRCRAFT.CFG using the Windows Editor and look for sections with title [fltsim.N], where N is a number starting with 0. For each repaint to be installed, you have to add a new [fltsim.N] section in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file (N is a consecutive number depending on how many repaints have been installed earlier).
To attach the Bavaria repaint, you must copy and paste the following section behind the already existing [fltsim.N] sections:
title=Douglas DC-3 Bavaria Airways D-CADE
ui_type=MAAM-SIM DC-3 - Passenger
description=Douglas DC-3 Bavaria\n\nD-CADE, ex USAAF C-47 (c\/n 27108), was one of three DC-3's owned by Lufthansa from 1955 to 1960. From 1960 to 1967 2 of them operated for Bavarian Airlines Homebase Munich Riem
If this is the first repaint to be attached to the AIRCRAFT.CFG, insert it as [fltsim.1], otherwise use the next consecutive free number...
The "description" line is a very long line. Be sure that it is placed as one single line in the AIRCRAFT.CFG (turn off word wrap). Now save and exit the AIRCRAFT.CFG.
After starting FS2004, the Lufthansa DC-3 will now appear in the aircraft menu (select "Douglas", then "MAAM-SIM DC-3 - Passenger" and finally "Bavaria D-CADE".
Hope you have a lot fun flying it!
The archive bavadc3.zip has 49 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.