FSX RAS2008 Spitfire Splash Screen Collection
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 4.23 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Ten atmospheric (lots of clouds and sky) replacement FSX splash screens of RealAir's RAS2008 Spitfire. Unedited, sometimes cropped. Can be used individually or in a splash screen randomizer. By Grant MacLean.
You might notice that most of the screens are of my own repaints, not because I think they're wonderful but because I like the liveries -- mainly for the way they bring out the lovely creature's lines.
- Extract/unzip the SPITSPLASH.ZIP file into a temporary folder.
- Open your main FSX\Uires folder (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Uires
- Back up (or rename) the file called "dlgsplash.bmp."
- Rename the selected Spitfire splash screen from SPITSPLASH.ZIP to "dlgsplash.bmp" (ie. delete the number).
- Paste this new dlgsplash.bmp into the Flight Simulator X\Uires folder, overwriting if prompted.
The archive spitss.zip has 15 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.