FSX St-Barthelemy Island - Sloped Runway Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 86.76 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
St Barthelemy island (TFFJ) is situated in the Caribbean Sea. It's small slope runway, between a hill and the sea, is very difficult to manage. A complete scenery of all islands with: TFFJ Airport with slope runway, photorealistic texture of whole island in 0.5 m/pixel, new mesh on basis ASTER, new waterclass, generic objects, some remarkable buildings, additional local houses in autogen, additional boats, traffic. By Marc-Henri Guitteny.
This scenery was carried out for Flight Simulator X, with Gmax, FsXKML, FsxPlanner, and the SDK.
It is made up of :
- New landclass for the îlots located at the North-West of main island
- New mesh on the ASTER basis compiled in LOD11
- New waterclass
- A texture photorealist basis on air photograph IGN (reference purchase AWL319060)
- Limits of the coral reef
- Generic objects (pylons, ships, boats and buildings)
- An aerodrome with its slope runway
- Some remarkable buildings made with Gmax (Town hall, Hangars)
- Objects generic or created with Gmax (boats, buildings)
Precisions concerning install:
After unpacking the files, it is necessary to make 2 modifications manualy to be able to benefit fully of the scenery :
Modification 1 : Add waves coming from east around island
- Open the file " a ajouter a terrain.cfg.txt "who is located in… ...\addon Scenery\St-Barth_TFFJ
- Copy the text
- Open your file " terrain.cfg" and locate the value contained in the line " DefaultTextureCount=XXX" located at the beginning of the document.
- Add 2 unit to this value (ex: DefaultTextureCount=483 to be modified in DefaultTextureCount=485)
- Go at the end it document and to paste the text
- Replace the XXX by the numbers of the total -1 and -2 (ex: if DefaultTextureCount=485 then XXX = 483 and 484)
Modification 2 : Add typical houses to Generic Autogen file.
- Case 1: You have FsX - SP1 or SP2 or Acceleration
- Go to directory …\Microsoft flight simulator X\Autogen, rename your Default.xml file in Default-origin.xml
- Rename my Default_mhg.xml file in Default.xml
- Case 2: You have paywares addons scenery which had modified the Default.xml file
- Open the file " To add default_xml.txt " hawho is located in… \ addon scenery \ St-barth_TFFJ
- Copy the text
- Go to directory …\Microsoft flight simulator X\Autogen and made a copy of your Default.xml file in Default-origin.xml
- Edit the Default.xml file with a simple software (notepad.exe)
- Make a search whit the keyword and place the cursor at the beginning of the following line which contains
- Paste the text and make Enter
- Start again the same search and repeat the paste until the end of the file. There are 26 " regions" (one by letter). You must repeat the paste 26 times.
- Save the file
- Activate the scenery of St-Barth_TFFJ in your library.
According to your hardware configuration, it's possible that in spite of an autogen adjustment on max, you can see only part of the houses and trees. You can add the following lines (or modify them) in the Fsx.cfg file to see all the objects:
Manual install :
Many files are placed in many directories.
Here is the organisation :
|_microsoft flight simulator x\
| |_St-barth_TFFJ\ A ajouter a terrain.cfg.txt & A ajouter a default_xml.txt
| | | lisezmoi_St-Barth_tffj.txt & Readme_st-Barth_TFFJ.txt
| | |
| | |_scenery\ all Bgl files of scenery (25 fichiers)
| | |_texture\ all sceney texture ans AgN files (64 fichiers)
| |_Texture\6 textures "St-barth_couleur_mhg.dds"
| |_Scenery\St barthelemy I TFFJ_ARP.BGL
For uninstall the scenery :
- unactivate the scene in your addon library of scenery.
- Remove the directory ...\addon Scenery\St-Barth_TFFJ of your hard disk.
- Remove the file St Barthelemy I TFFJ_ARP.BGL of the repertory ...Scenery\World\Scenery
Thanks to the authors for the free softwares, and thank to Gratisim.fr team and Harry for they lodging on website.
The archive st-barth_fsx.zip has 5 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.