FSX Douglas C-47 Paint Kit
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 28.96 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Douglas C-47 Paint Kit, for use with C47BASEPACK.ZIP. Layered PSD files for the C47 Skytrain exterior models. By Manfred Jahn.
This paintkit contains Photoshop (psd) master templates for creating C-47 liveries suitable for the FSX C-47 Exterior models by Manfred Jahn.
There are four template files: Thumbnail.psd, Propdisk1.psd, C47_1_T.psd and C47_2_T.psd.
Thumbnail.psd allows you to create a repaint thumbnail using the same format as the ones included in the model basepack. (There is no obligation for you to use this format, however.)
Propdisk1.psd contains three layers: Mesh, Diffuse, and Alpha. The top section of the Mesh is the prop disc when seen from the front, while the bottom half is for seeing the disc from the back. This allows you to use different colors and shades for the two points of view if so desired.
C47_1_T.psd and C47_2_T.psd correspond to the model's primary diffuse textures. Specular templates have not been included as I understand these are best created from copies of the diffuse files.
Each of the two files has the following identical layer structure:
- the "Mesh" layer contains the wireframe maps of the parts. It is normally used with reduced opacity only or turned off altogether.
- The "Panels_crisp" layer contains rivets and panel lines.
- The "Panels_blurred" layer contains a blurred copy of the above. Use duplicates of this layer in "multiply" mode to enhance the visibility of the lines.
- The "De-icer" layer contains the de-icing boots and a few other dark areas.
- The "Base" layer contains the low-contrast fuselage and wing gradients that form the basis of a new paint.
- The "Common_bits" layer contains a variety of areas that are likely to be common to all liveries. Whatever is needed of these bits should be cut and merged with the user's project layers.
- The "Alpha_Patches" layer contains the patches that are usually left white/off-white for low or zero reflection. Normally this and its negative image will also be used for the Specular texture sheet.
Good luck. I look forward to seeing your repaints.
The archive c-47paintkit.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.