We're closing in on the convention and I just wanted to give you all an update. First, some important dates you need to know:
1. Dulles Airport Hilton reservations must be made no later than JULY 29, 2005. After this date you will not be able to get the reduced convention rate of $85 per night. If you haven't made your Hilton reservation yet, you need to do so as soon as possible.
2. Last day to request a refund for your convention registration from VATSIM is July 31, 2005.
3. Presentations will begin Friday evening August 12. A detailed schedule will be published August 5.
Please take a minute to visit these generous convention sponsors:
- Precision Manuals Development Group
- Current scheduled presentations and meetings:
- Mike Evans - ASRC development, demonstration of current beta.
- Richard Jenkins - Town hall meeting VATSIM.
- Joel DeYoung - SquawkBox3 development.
- Martin Georg - European ATC, an introduction to flying within Europe on VATSIM.
- Mike Hayden - US ATC, overview, with presentation on NFL SuperBowl ATC.
- Richard Steckel - VATSIM as an education tool for high school students.
- Richard Jenkins - Demonstration of alpha version of ATCInn.
- Additional presentations still being planned
We are planning on publishing a list of people attending the convention. If you don't want your name released on the list, you must email email@example.com by July 31.