The YAK-40 project consumed 2 years of intensive development. It has several unique features: 1. It is one of a very few aircraft on the market which incorporates the state-of-the-art technology of smooth moving needles in virtual cockpit (they are 3D modeled, not gauge bitmaps), therefore they move smoother then in 2D.
2. It doesn't matter that this is "Russian Metal". You can easily switch entire VC flight deck to international layout with single click. This will change not only texts on labels, but also control panels of different systems, scales in appropriate gauges and logics of airspeed, altitude, vertical speed indicators etc.
3. It has a very handy module "Deck Navigator" which is actually a custom programmed tool which acts similarly as active camera and lets you easily jump to different seats in VC (i.e. changes view position). It works in 2D cockpit also and changes views, recalls subpanels etc.
4. It has smart loader/refueller/ground service tool which can change load configuration, fuel, changes weight/balance characteristics in real time (i.e. - fill on of the tanks with fuel and machine will experience bank immediately). Loader configures passengers and cargo load also and shows up CoG position (for operating movable stabilizer). Ground service module permits requesting and connecting of external air for startup without APU and external electrical power.
5. It has custom programmed thrust reverser of engine No.2 which can be operated in flight like in real thing for correct landing procedure.
6. Flight dynamics were fully refined, tested/tuned and approved with 5 real life pilots currently flying Yak-40. Even handling in icing conditions (changing of flight dynamics) and movable stabilizer were incorporated into model's logics and dynamics.