FlightGear is a free, open-source flight simulator, licensed under GPL. A new version 0.9.3 is now available. Highlights include a flight replay system, improvements to sky/clouds/lighting, many new buildings, updated airports/navaids database and more. For more information, click on Read More.
am pleased to announce that FlightGear version 0.9.3 is now available for download from: http://home.flightgear.org/
FlightGear is a free, open-source, multi-platform flight simulator. The source code is licensed under the GPL.
Prerequisites if building from source:
- You must have plib version 1.6.0 or newer (http://plib.sourceforge.net/) installed before building both SimGear and FlightGear.
- You must have SimGear-0.3.4 installed before building FlightGear-0.9.2
A few of the highlights of this release are:
- A flight "replay" system.
- More convenient ways to control the time of day.
- Many improvements to sky, cloud, scene, and aircraft lighting.
- Proper displaced thresholds added to runways that have them.
- Many new buildings and land marks added to the San Francisco area.
- Updated airports and navaids database (based on DAFIF and other sources.)
- Better packaging/installation for windows users with an included launcher that enables the user to select aircraft and starting location without needing to specify command line options.
- First stab at modeling helicopters with 3 initial designs to try.
- Several new aircraft and many improvements to existing aircraft.
- A complete rebuild of the world scenery based on SRTM terrain and VMAP roads, rivers, lakes, and land use.
For more information on the FlightGear project, please visit our web page at:
You can view a summary of the new features, changes, and bug fixes for this release here: