RPMD - Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao, Philippines v2. This is part of the eleventh round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground creates high quality AFCADs for both default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. This version adds approach code re-written to current Jeppesen charts. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
Developed By: Matthew Brooks
Released By: Alpha-India Group
For FS Version: FSX ( Default )
Airport: RPMD - Francisco Bangoy International, Davao, Philippines
The busiest airport in Mindanao province of the Philippines, Francisco Bangoy International currently serves only one international destination - Singapore by Silkair. Cebu Pacific flew direct between here and Hong Kong but ceased those flights in 2009. Wings Air do fly some charter flights here from Manado.
All Philippine airlines serve the airport with aircraft types from A319's to A330-300's, with Philippine Airlines flying both types here.
There is a small cargo operation and a reasonable level of general aviation for the size of airport.
1. Re-drew all aprons and taxiways, aligning them to Google Earth images of February 2010.
2. Changed the parking in line with Google Earth images and coded them accordingly.
3. Fixed a problem with the mis-alignment of all approaches to the default airport.
4. Added a good amount of GA parking spots with different sized parking for applicable aircraft types.
5. Set the taxiways to enable good flow of traffic onto and off the main apron at busy times.
6. All approaches re-written as per the current Jeppesen plate - charts included.
7. Added a fire station, cargo terminal, vehicle network - all as per the real airport. Changed the tower to a more repsentative version and placed the tower view at roof level.
8. Added roads and landclass to place suburbs of the city of Davao around the airport, as in real life. Also added many vehicles and other scenery objects to add realism to the airport.
Preparation, Verification and Testing:
1. Verified against Google Earth images dated 28th February 2010.
2. Tested with WOAI, UGA, custom AI, default AI and Henry Tomkiewicz's Cessna package (payware).
3. Extensively Beta tested by members of the AIG Afcad Development team and other AIG team members - thanks guys !
Bruce Nicholson (AIG) who kindly took on the task of re-writing all the appraoches to RPMD to the current Jeppesen plate, for which charts are included.
Jon Masterson and the ADE (Airport Design Editor) development team for this by invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports. The latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Special thanks to Jim Daehlens for kind permission to use his lights in any AIG projects and which are used prominently here.
1. Remove any existing RPMD AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
2. Place the file AIG_RPMD_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_RPMD_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
3. Place the included file lightobj.bgl in your main Scenery/Global/Scenery file - this includes the lghts used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have this file installed, you do not need to install it again.
4. Place the two included files almwht.dds and lights1.dds in your main Scenery/Global/Texture file - these are textures for the lights used in this scenery by Jim Daehlens. If you already have these files installed, you do not need to install them again.
Special Installation Notes:
This AFD/Afcad uses the JFK jetway short and long extensions. If you have previously installed Jim Vile's WSSS, Ray Smith's KPTA or my own EDDL, ESMS or OLBA you should have already taken the following steps. if not please do the following to see these jetways correctly:
1. Go to your Scenery/NAME/Texture folder and locate the two files "JFK_Jetway.dds" and "JFK_Jetway_LM.dds".
2. Copy each of these files and paste them into your Scenery/Global/Texture folder - you only need to do this once and any subsequent AFDs/Afcads you install using this technique will show them also.
1. Remove or delete the file AIG_RPMD_ADEX_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_RPMD_ADEX_MB_CVX_Default.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
Comments and feedback appreciated. Look out for further Alpha India Group Afcads coming soon!
The archive aig_rpdm_default_fsx_v2.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|RPMD Jepp.pdf||01.29.11||1.38 MB|
There are no votes yet
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our installation help page here or view the README file contained within the file.
Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Search for add-on planes/repaints, airports, scenery, flight sim news and even the discussion forum all from here.