AFCAD File For EHLE
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 121.73 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 2 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Lelystad, The Netherlands (default). This is part of the seventh round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. By Joost de Wit and Alpha India Group.
Lelystad Airport, situated in the middle of The Netherlands, is the largest General Aviation airport of the country. A lot of flight schools and flying clubs have their home at Lelystad as well as some helicopter companies (Lelykopters, Heli Holland and Helicon).
Every now and then a business jet can be seen, but not very often due to the length of the runway. The airport is also famous for its huge aviation museum Aviodrome.
The airport is relatively new (about 35 years old) and will expand in the future: a longer runway (2100 meters), ILS, official air traffic control, scheduled and more business traffic and aircraft visiting QAPS, an aircraft painting company.
- Re-aligned the entire taxi network according to AIP charts.
- Re-drew the entire apron areas according to AIP charts.
- Corrected and added all parking spots.
- Added some buildings and other scenery objects.
- Added parking lots with cars.
- Created a vehicle network as per real life.
- Changed the 'Traffic' frequency in a 'Tower' frequency so that there's someone talking to you when you are arriving or departing. In real life, however, there is no Tower frequency, but just a Radio frequency (also in real life someone is talking to you).
- Added some static planes at the Aviodrome area.
- Added waypoint BRAVO. This waypoint, which also exsists in real life, will help you to fly the correct VFR approach.
- This Afcad is an update for my previous Afcad, available at Avsim.net and Flightsim.com. Please remove that one first before you install this one.
- I recommend to use this FSX Afcad with the great Aviodrome scener. Without the Aviodrome scenery my Afcad can still be used, however the Aviodrome may look strange with no buildings and only aprons and static aircraft.
ADE9X (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports and the latest version - 1.46.02 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - and includes Jim Vile's graphical approach editor. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
- Remove any existing EHLE AFD/Afcad file in your FSX installation.
- Download the Aviodrome scenery (download will start automatically) to any folder outside FS.
- Unzip the downloaded scenery, called "Aviodrome.zip".
- Run the installer in the "Aviodrome" folder and make sure you install it somewhere outside FS.
- Create a new folder "EHLE" in "Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery".
- Go to the folder where you installed the Aviodrome scenery (outside FS, remember?) and copy the folders "scenery" and "texture". You don't need to touch the "Addon Scenery" folder, it's useless.
- Paste the folders "scenery" and "texture" into your newly created "EHLE" folder.
- Remove the "AF2_EHLE.bgl" file from "EHLE/scenery" folder.
- Place the two files AIG_EHLE_ADE_JDW_Default.BGL and AIG_EHLE_ADE_JDW_Default_CVX.BGL in your "EHLE/scenery" folder and re-start FSX. AIG_EHLE_ADE_JDW_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Activate the "Addon Scenery/EHLE" folder in the Scenery Library in FSX.
- You can now uninstall the Aviodrome scenery, which you installed outside FS. You don't need it anymore.
- Remove or delete the "EHLE" folder from your "Addon Scenery" folder and re-start FSX. Don't forget to remove the "EHLE" folder from your Scenery Library in FSX as well.
The archive aig_ehle_lelystad_default.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||01.03.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.