AFCAD File For KBOI
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 144.81 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 24 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Boise Air Terminal/Gowen, Boise, Idaho (ID) (default). This is part of the seventh round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. By Kyle Cormier and Alpha India Group.
View of Boise Air Terminal/Gowen.
Boise Air Terminal/Gowen Field is a joint military/ civilian airport and is home to both the Idaho Air National Guard and the National Interagency Fire Center. The U.S. Forest Service uses Boise as a base of operations for Air Tankers during wildfire season. The military side is home to the 190 Fighter Squad of A-10's, and C-130's from the 189 Airlift Squad. Boise commercial terminal saw over 3,100,000 passengers pass through its gates in 2008. Biose is in the process of building a new control tower for use beginning in late 2010 that will be used to control an existing National Guard airstrip, and a proposed 3rd runway in 2015.
- All surface features were redone to match the real world look of the airfield.
- Default airport layout adjusted due to it not matching up with real world layout.
- Added or enhanced aprons for A-10, C-130, and other military aircraft that use or transition this airport.
- Changed all terminal and apron parking to match online references and coded as necessary for commercial, military and military cargo aircraft
- Added fire stations, military service areas, and enhanced cargo areas.
- Changed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways and increased the number of fuel trucks available.
- Added buildings, parked cars and various other elements to add realism to the airport (Acceleration may be needed to view some of these enhancements)
- Added heliports to their proper location.
- Added roadway system around parking structure.
ADE9X (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports and the latest version - 1.46.02 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - and includes Jim Vile's graphical approach editor. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Thank you to all the AIG members who looked at and offered advice on how to make this airport better.
- Remove any existing KBOI files in your FSX/scenery addon installation.
- Place the two files AIG_KBOI_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGL and AIG_KBOI_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_KBOI_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_KBOI_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGl and AIG_KBOI_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_kboi_boise_idaho_fsx_default.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||04.14.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.