AFCAD File For KSLC
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 4.76 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah (UT). This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: one version with the crosswind runway 14/32 operating, where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. As most know there is a problem with missing night textures for the terminal so this scenery adds a basic fix so you will see a terminal with night lighting, taxiways and taxi signs updated to the latest charts, assigned parking with extra parking, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
There are 3 BGL files: KSLC_ADE_RS.BGL, KSLC_ADE_CW_RS.BGL and a KSLC_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
- The KSLC_ADE_RS.BGL version is the same as the default rwy operation.
- The KSLC_ADE_CW_RS.BGL version is with the Xwind runway 14/32 activated and in full operation. (Assigned parking is the same in both.)
- The KSLC_ADE_OBJ.BGL is the scenery objects file and should always be used, please make sure this file goes into the correct folder.
- Take the KSLC_RS.BGL file of your choice and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the KSLC_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE KSLC_RS.BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE KSLC_RS.BGL in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KSLC.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the KSLC_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runway's as well as the airport runway's, this is the method used in activating non parallel runway's and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KSLC_ADE_RS.BGL.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
ADE Utility (freeware) by Jon Masterson.
Jim Vile for his Technique that activates crosswind runways.
And my ever enduring wife to put up with the hours spent making these files.
TIP: When at KSLC in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (I allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying,
The archive kslc_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 31 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.