AFCAD File For KSAV
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 945.5 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 8 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
AFCAD File For KSAV, Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, South Carolina (SC), v1.3. By Jim Vile.
This update addresses my current KSAV for use with the FSX. If you have my KSAV already active on your computer for FSX remove the 3 bgl files and replace with the 2 new bgl files. If this is a new install follow the installation instructions below. Most my Airports were done by hand and before there were any Utilities available. This KSAV can be opened with the Airport Design Editor (ADE) by the User if changes are needed for individual needs. DO NOT edit my KSAV with AFX or with FSXP. These Utilities will corrupt parts of my KSAV. Only use ADE to make changes to KSAV if needed. The ADE Utility does not work with a bgl like all other Utilities. Included in the zip is my master KSAV_ADE_JV.ade file. I recommend downloading the Free set of files that slow down the animated road traffic in FSX to a more realistic speed. My KSAV has animated road Traffic entering and exiting the Main Terminal from I-95.
If you did not purchase the FSX Acceleration Disk you will not see all the added scenery included in my KSAV. The Acceleration disk is not all about Missions and new Airplanes like so many believe. The Acceleration Pack adds many more features to FSX for design purposes. Scenery you will not see without the Acceleration Disk loaded are:
- Parking Lots full of Parked cars.
- Additional Static Military Jet Airplanes besides the existing ones that do show.
- A vehicle wreck on the side of the road leading into the Main Terminal.
- Additional scenery at various locations as per the real world airport.
- DO NOT add the KSAV_ADE_JV.ade file to FSX. This is the file that you open with the ADE utility to make changes to KSAV. After making changes save the file and then select compile from the ADE dropdown menu. Remember, this is your Master KSAV and stays with the ADE Utility for editing my KSAV.
This method is how most 3rd party type AFCAD style Airport scenery is installed in FSX.
- Unzip the files to a Temporary folder.
- Copy the 2 KSAV ***.bgl files to your FSX Addon Scenery\scenery folder. DO NOT COPY the KSAV_ADE_JV.ade file to FSX (see above).
- Start FSX and it will rebuild and index the KSAV airport automatically and add it to the proper priority level.
Flight Simulator X - Microsoft Corporation. Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc. ADE Utilities - Jon Masterson.
The archive ksav_v13.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.