AFCAD File For KDFW Update
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Texas (TX), USA. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport. One version with the crosswind runways operating where all seven runways will be used for takeoff/landing...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 756.9 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 30 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Texas (TX), USA. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport. One version with the crosswind runways operating where all seven runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Assigned parking now updated to the correct terminal as per their website, extra parking including gates for the A380 at Terminal D, start location added to the helipad, runway 17C/35C at correct length, taxiways and taxi signs updated, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements. Airport views are from inside the East control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
View of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
There are 3 BGL files: KDFW_ADE_RS.BGL, KDFW_ADE_CW_RS.BGL and a KDFW_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The KDFW_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the crosswind runways activated where all 7 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The KDFW_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
- Take the runway operation file of your choice (only one) and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the KDFW_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE RUNWAY OPERATION FILE AT A TIME. Make sure there is only ONE of the KDFW_RS.BGL FILES in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KDFW.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- PLEASE NOTE: When using ATIS with the KDFW_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KDFW_ADE_RS.BGL.
There are flood lights in the cargo areas (this is not mandatory as they are only scenery objects set at "Dense") if you do wish to see these lights you need to add the textures for them please follow these steps:
- NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
- "Browse" to the FSX\Scenery\ASIA\Texture folder. Scroll down the list until you see NAR_jetway.dds (day texture) and NAR_jetway_LM.dds (night texture).
- "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery/Global/Texture folder.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
Enjoy and happy flying.
View of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport at night.
The archive kdfw_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.