AFCAD File For KLAS Update
McCarran International Airport (KLAS), Las Vegas, Nevada (NV). This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport, one file with the Crosswind runways operating where all 4 runways will be used for takeoff/landing a...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 978.2 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
McCarran International Airport (KLAS), Las Vegas, Nevada (NV). This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport, one file with the Crosswind runways operating where all 4 runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one file as the default runway operation: Terminal 3 now added, Air Cargo moved to its new location, taxiways and taxi signs updated, assigned parking with extra parking with a gate for the A380, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view) please view the readme before installation. By Ray Smith.
View of McCarran International Airport.
There are 4 BGL files: KLAS_ADE_RS.BGL, KLAS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL, KLAS_ADE_CVX.BGL and a KLAS_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The KLAS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Xwind runways activated where all 4 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The KLAS_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
- 1. Take the KLAS_RS.BGL file of your choice (only one) and the KLAS_ADE_CVX.BGL file and place both of these files into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- 2. Take the KLAS_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- 3. There are jetway extensions, and to see these you need to add the textures for them, please follow these steps:
- NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
- Browse to the FSX\Scenery\NAME\Texture folder. Go down the list until you see jfk_jetway.dds (day texture) and jfk_jetway_LM.dds (night texture).
- "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE OF THE KLAS_RS.BGL FILES AT ANY TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only "ONE" KLAS_RS.BGL FILE and the KLAS_ADE_CVX.BGL FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KLAS.bgl file to avoid incorrect aircraft parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict, if you are using my old files please delete or overwrite them.
- NOTE: when using ATIS with the KLAS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KLAS_ADE_RS.BGL
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
Enjoy and happy flying.
View of McCarran International Airport.
The archive klas_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 13 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.