AFCAD File For LIRF Update
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 578.79 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Fiumicino International Airport (LIRF), Rome, Italy. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: one file with the Crosswind runway activated and in full operation, where all 3 runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one file as the default runway operation: runway 16C/34C closed and now taxiway "D", assigned parking with extra parking including gates for the A380, the new terminal 3 expansion added, gates/parking now numbered in the correct order, taxiways and taxi signs updated, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements. Airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). Please view the readme before installation. By Ray Smith.
There are 3 BGL files: LIRF_ADE_RS.BGL, LIRF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL and a LIRF_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The LIRF_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
- The LIRF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Xwind runway activated where all 3 runways will be used simultaneously.
Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
- Take the LIRF_RS.BGL file of your choice (only one) and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the LIRF_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- There are jetway extensions, and to see these you need to add the textures for them, please follow these steps:
- NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
- Browse to the FSX\Scenery\NAME\Texture folder. Go down the list until you see jfk_jetway.dds (day texture) and jfk_jetway_LM.dds (night texture).
- "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE LIRF_RS.BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE LIRF_RS.BGL FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other LIRF.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- NOTE: when using ATIS with the LIRF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version LIRF_ADE_RS.BGL
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive lirf_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.