FSX NASA Douglas C-47 / R4D-5
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 18.74 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The textures represent a fictitious C-47 in colors for NASA. A Douglas C-47 Skytrain "long nose" without skis. Package includes a modified C-47 model with radar nose. C47 Skytrain exterior base pack required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP). Model by Manfred Jahn. Repaint by Bernhard Lechner.
- Please make sure you have a working installation of Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 Skytrain. If not present, download and install the base pack first.
- Extract the zip to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
- Copy the folders "texture.NASA" and "model.C47_QSSNOSKI" to your "Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg and paste the [fltsim] section below under the last [fltsim] entry present. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the "x" with the appropriate number.
Title = R4D Que Sera Sera -- NASA --
Sim = Douglas_DC3
Model = C47_QSSNOSKI
Texture = NASA
kb_checklists = Douglas_DC3_check
kb_reference = Douglas_DC3_ref
atc_id = N43NA
ui_manufacturer = DOUGLAS
ui_type = C-47 Skytrain
ui_variation = NASA
ui_typerole = Twin Engine Prop
ui_createdby = Microsoft Corporation
description = Repaint by Squirrel
The archive douglas_c-47_long_nose.zip has 31 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|NASA - 004.jpg||11.20.11||821.48 kB|
|NASA - 005.jpg||11.20.11||910.94 kB|
|NASA - 011.jpg||11.20.11||515.02 kB|
|NASA - 013.jpg||11.20.11||436.54 kB|
|NASA - 015-B.jpg||11.20.11||634.60 kB|
|NASA - 016.jpg||11.20.11||594.18 kB|
|NASA - 017.jpg||11.20.11||872.75 kB|
|NASA - 018.jpg||11.20.11||898.89 kB|
|NASA - 020.jpg||11.20.11||808.04 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.