FSX Aggression Team F/A-18 Hornet
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.56 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Aggression Team F/A-18 Hornet. A repaint of the default FSX Acceleration FA-18 Hornet.
title=The Aggression Team FA-18 Hornetv2
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
description="The Hornet combines the ruggedness required of carrier-borne aircraft with speed and superior agility, especially at high angles of attack. Its powerful engines, canted vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilators, large leading- and trailing-edge flaps, and sophisticated flight control system all contribute to a level of performance that makes the Hornet a versatile front-line fighter in several air forces around the world."
How to install:
1. Make a folder somewhere in your computer where you can store your addon textures in the zipped file format in case the one you unzip and use in the game gets messed up or deleted.
2. Download and put the texture folder in the folder you just created.
3. Extracted the folder and then put it in the folder of the plane it's for.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes
Helicopters. (any addon helicopters should be put in the aircraft folder)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
4. The name of the folder that is actual going to be used for the textures is going to be called something like texture.(something). Make sure you only have to click on the folder to see all the texture files. The files are usually .dds or .bmp.
Now open up the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft your installing the textures for. You will see a bunch of entries that look like this:
This one is for the boeing 737, depending on the airplane, some parts of this will be different.
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
description="One should hardly be surprised that...."
Each one of these is for a different texture or paint for the aircraft.The addon texture your installing ussually has a readme in it. Open that up and look for something like what was shown above. Copy that and put at after the last fltsim entry. NOTE: make sure the number after fltsim is the number right after the last entry. ex. If the last entry was called fltsim.7, you would put fltsim.8. Also, make sure what is to the right of texture= is the same name as the folder (without the texture.). If the name of the folder was texture.swair, then in the aircraf.cfg file it would be texture=swair.
The archive at_repaintv2.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Copy content inside.txt||09.23.09||2.85 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.