FSX Monument Valley Vista+ Beta 001
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 385 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Monument Valley Vista+ Beta 001. Public beta and technology demo featuring Monument Valley in 5m elevation and 1m photoscenery. Area includes Gouldings Lodge, canyons and several buttes. This is a pre-release public beta. By Dean Mountford/FS Dreamscapes.
The FS Dreamscapes Monument Valley Vista+ is a new high quality 5m Mesh Terrain and 1m Ortho Imagery product for Microsoft Flight Simulator X aimed at providing the best quality mesh to flight simmers.
Imagine your dream to fly low level through canyons with walls so close that your wingtips only just fit. Imagine flying at low level by the seat of your pants, the adrenaline pumping as you snake and wind your way through canyons and vistas you never thought possible in a simulator. Imagine your local landscape rendered at the highest possible resolution available for the terrain, looking every bit as true to life as it does right outside your window.
The Monument Valley Vista+ Terrain is based upon 5 meter IFSAR elevation data and 1 meter statewide aerial imagery produced for the Utah State Government and available through Digital Earth Data. The terrain is based upon the most current available data.
We’re releasing the Monument Valley Vista+ as both a technology demo as well as to get feedback with regards to image quality, performance and bugs.
Known Bugs and Issues
• The current IFSAR data doesn’t have good renderings of the Left and Right Mitten Buttes, nor the 3 sisters. These details will be hand rendered from 10m NED data for the spires soon.
• Water Bodies are not as yet water mapped/masked and will be completed in the final version.
• The imagery isn’t blended along the edges and appear to be straight lines, this is purposeful as we plan on extending image and elevation coverage statewide and eventually countrywide.
• No Autogen – at this point autogen is not included and will be on the radar for Monument Valley eventually. Our plan is for eventual nationwide coverage of photoscenery and as such we are forging ahead with providing imagery as a base layer to start with. We are looking for those who may be interested in annotating autogen for future projects with a 65-80% commission for an interested party when we do start creating autogen packs. One of the main reasons for not wanting to spend huge amounts of time on autogen is because we believe the elevation data is enough to provide an awe factor down low, while at the same time we hope to eventually have tools available that will translate GIS data for autogen somewhat automatically.
• Monument Valley’s airstrip at Gouldings has not been reworked as yet. There are also plateau issues due to current limitations in the Flight Sim scenery engine with flat runways only being supported.
The FS Dreamscapes Monument Valley Vista+ will be installed into the Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.
Documentation and the End User License Agreement can be found in the Flight Simulator X/FS Dreamscapes folder.
An uninstaller will be created when the terrain mesh is installed so it can easily be uninstalled. Please make sure your Addon Scenery folder is enabled in your library menu within Flight Simulator X.
Source of Monument Valley Elevation and Imagery Dataset: Utah State Government.
The archive fsdsmvb2.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|FS Dreamscapes Monument Valley Vistascape.doc||01.03.08||30.00 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.