FSX P-40 Warhawk
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 17.07 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 8 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is Robert Hawk's P-40 Warhawk modified for Flight Simulator X. This is David "Tex" Hill's aircraft that he flew with the famed AVG Flying Tigers.
Tex replaced Jack Newkirk as commander of the 2nd Squadron Panda Bears in March 1942. Devoted to Chennault, he was one of only five Flying Tigers who accepted induction into the U.S. Army in July 1942. He was given the rank of major and the command of the 75th Fighter Squadron.
On his second combat tour in China, he served as commander of the 23rd Fighter Group, and after the war earned General's rank in the Texas Air National Guard. During an eight-month period, a handful of swift AVG aviators, heavily armed P-40's destroyed 297 Japanese aircraft. Twelve of those fell from the sky under the guns of Tex Hill's P-40 Warhawk.
This aircraft has a new panel and new flight dynamics.
Package includes personal pictures of the AVG's last reunion in Mt Pleasant SC and history of David "Tex " Hill.
Textures and updates by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.
To install this aircraft:
As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " P-40 Tex Hill's Tiger " and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at: "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXSIM Objects /Aircraft".
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will Cotain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
- Unzip the gauges folder and put the gauges in the FSX gauges folder located at "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXGauges".
Make sure all files are unzipped the New Plane folder should contain 6 files unzipped they are CFG Airfile Sound Model Texture Panel the New Plane folder with the 6 files goes in the game aircraft folder found at C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanes follow the path ie open the c drive then open program files then open Microsoft Games then open Microsoft Flight Simulator X then open SimObjects then open Airplanes folder the New Plane goes in that folder.
Textures and FSX updates created by Mark "Fire Ball" Rooks.
Enjoy your new repaint.
Thanks for downloading.
The archive th2ndsqp-40.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|P-40 Tex Hill's Tiger.zip||04.01.10||6.00 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||04.01.10||3.36 kB|
|Screen P-40 Tex Hill's .jpg||04.01.10||91.87 kB|
|Tex Hill History and Pictures.zip||04.01.10||8.89 MB|
|Tex Hill Text.txt||04.01.10||945 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.