Do you use the browser-based Air Traffic Control simulator, ATC-SIM? If so, it’s just been given a major update. By helping to add a touch of extra depth to the simulation experience, ATC-SIM has seen some pretty big improvements.
Some of the most recent changes that have been introduced to the platform to help improve performance include solutions like:
- Now, arrival flows are far more accurate. They have been improved to eliminate back-to-back traffic heading on the same vector.
- Also, the Auto-complete tab has been added to minimize the need for keystrokes and to save users toy.
- Simply hit U, and you can add in the full Flight ID to avoid manual typing in each time.
- On-screen STATS messaging has been improved, too. Visual changes ensure that it can be more easily read especially on smaller screens.
- Traffic and aircraft thumbnails have been modernized from the lower resolution predecessors.
- Easy to follow instructions are provided, making sure you can make use of every feature ATC-SIM offers.
What is ATC-SIM?
This is a simulator that is made for usage on web browsers. As such, the requirements needed to use the online software are far smaller than most full-power simulators. You simply choose an airport that you enjoy flying from and take full control of its Air Traffic Control center.
You can then work with virtual pilots to help make sure they can reach their destination without a hitch. It’s a fun way to learn a little bit more about one of the less visualized parts of aviation. While you might be used to managing the cockpit, this allows you to work across a large and growing collection of global airports.
Now, you can get a better appreciation for the hard work that goes on behind the scenes in your standard Air Traffic Control platform. For anyone who wants a change from usual simulation, or just wants to enjoy aviation from a different viewpoint, ATC-SIM offers a good way to really broaden horizons.
You can choose difficulty levels, manage map scaling and even manage the wind direction change frequency. This offers a lot of opportunity for an aviation experience outside of the norm.
If you have never tried out aviation from the point of view of ATC, then this makes an easy way to do just that. At the very least, it grants a new perspective on flying.
You can visit the official website here. If you want stand-alone software that runs on your own computer (without an Internet connection) then check out our ATC Simulator 2 demo over in the file library here.