Having been promised to see updates since release, the latest changes to iFMS 2 have arrived. In the 2.1 update, some minor changes were made to help further tweak and improve how the add-on works.
The latest changes include:
- A new NAV/RAD FMC page that offers greater visibility and understanding of the situation.
- Make simple changes between the background color, from the classic brown to the grey FMC background colors. Easy to get the look that you can best deal with this way.
- Change between Modern and Classic FMC layouts, deciding if you have a single VNAV button or CLB/CRZ/DES options.
With more customization now available, users of iFMS 2 should find it easier to get a look they feel comfortable with. New updates are expected in the long-term to help make sure that this app can continue to offer more to the flight simulation community on the go.
What is iFMS 2?
A fully compatible Android and Apple app add-on for FS9, FSX, P3D v2-4, and X-Plane 9-11, iFMS 2 adds authenticity where none existed beforehand. Providing users with a far easier to manage Flight Management System, iFMS 2 makes the cockpit feel more in line with a standard Boeing cockpit.
Whether you want that for realism or just for effect, this helps to customize your FMS usage. With a new Primary Flight Display and Navigation Display alongside EICAS engine displays, you get more visibility than before. It helps to take this information off an already busy screen, and translate it to your smartphone or tablet.
Now, you can set up a home cockpit system that feels much easier to manage than the unrealistic in-sim options. You simply need to connect via your local network, and you can then configure your iFMS 2 platforms to use any of your aircraft. It works with both standard flight sim aircraft as well as most add-on aircraft.
You can also totally customize the options and configuration files if you feel confident in doing so. This offers total control over your iFMS experience via Apple or Android mobile devices.
- Authentic tracking, planning, and management of any flight that you undertake. The perfect choice for those who need a more familiar, customizable feel to their flight management.
- Built around the facets of a Boeing-style cockpit. With flight management and navigation, all handled through a more unified, singular interface. EICAS displays for 2-4 engines, also.
- LNAV and VNAV calculation alongside MCP programming, with engines to control the autopilot easier.
- Total configurable to be adjusted to any aircraft you wish to use it with. You can even use your own files for more customization and control over the entire platform.
- Load and save plans for easy loading and saving of information for future usage.
- Manage in either portrait or landscape view, making sure you can easily see all needed details at a glance. Work with the size and style of layout that you feel more comfortable operating with.
- Information can be updated easily by using the Navigraph feature, giving you more control.
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.