KPDX Airport Upgrade
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 235.71 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Portland Airport, Oregon (OR), for use with the default scenery. Features surface features redone, replaced terminal building, added aprons, corrected apron parking, added and labeled gates, changed tower viewpoint, added vehicle network. By Kyle Cormier / Alpha-India Group.
Portland International Airport is the largest in Oregon and accounts for 95% of air cargo and 90% of passenger travel in the state. KPDX offers service throughout North America and offers non stop flights to Germany, Japan, and The Netherlands. Last count showed Portland having over 19,000 commercial flights in and out per month. Cargo services are run here by Fedex, DHL and UPS as well as their feeder airlines. Portland is home of the Oregon Air National Guard.
- All surface features were redone to match the real world look of the airfield.
- Default terminal building replaced due to it not matching up with real world layout.
- Added or enhanced aprons for GA aircraft
- Changed all apron parking in line with online references and coded as necessary for airlines, military, and cargo aircraft.
- Added gates that were missing and labeled all gates for correct airlines.
- Added specific parking for each cargo carrier in their appropriate location.
- Changed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways and increased the number of fuel trucks available.
- Added signage for runway distance markers, cargo ramp, ils hold short and others where appropriate.
- Added buildings, parked cars and various other elements to add realism to the airport
- Added exclusions for areas that interfered with airport boundaries to give airport a more lifelike look.
- Added two heliports.
- Added missing taxiway V.
- Added missing fire stations, relocated or added buildings for military or commercial businesses.
- Created two separate versions of this airport, one with and one without crosswind runways activated.
there are two versions of this airport, one where he crosswind runways are in use and one where they are not activated. The file containing the crosswind runways is labeled AIG_KPDX_CW_ADE_KTC_DEFAULT, the version without crosswind runways activated is AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_DEFAULT.
- Remove any existing KPDX file in your FSX/scenery addon installation.
- Place the two files AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_Default and AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass. If you want to have crosswind runways active, use the files AIG_KPDX_CW_ADE_KTC_Default and AIG_KPDX_CW_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX instead.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_Default and AIG_KPDX_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL ( or AIG_KPDX_CW_ADE_KTC_Default and AIG_KPDX_CW_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX if you chose crosswind runways) from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing AFCADs and the latest beta version - 1.39.07 - is significantly advanced with the addition of the Approach Mode, written by Jim Vile. Thank you to all the AIG members who looked at and offered advice on how to make this airport better.
Also a special thanks to Ray Smith who allowed me to take on one of his earlier creations and always offered great advice.
The archive aig_kpdx.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||04.14.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.