AFCAD File For EINN
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 282.95 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 29 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Shannon International Airport, Eire (Ireland). Features corrected taxiways, redrawn main apron, changed apron parking, added jetways, added GA parking, changed tower viewpoint. By Matthew Brooks / Alpha-India Group.
Shannon is the third busiest airport in the Republic of Ireland with 3.8 million passengers in 2008.
In 1986 a US Immigration pre-clearance facility was opened at Shannon, eliminating the need to go through immigration on arrival in America and it is the only airport in the world, outside the US with such a facility.
Air Canada, Air Transat, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines and US Airways use EINN as a stop over on the Dublin US and Canada routes. British Airways premium A318 service from London City to New York will stop at Shannon On the outward trip from this Autumn. European and domestic operations revolve around Aer Arran, Aer Lingus and Ryanair with many of the majors from Europe visiting daily. Shannon also has lively business jet traffic, both for local visits and as a stopover on transatlantic routes.
Cargo also plays a large part of business here with UPS, FedEX and Air Contractors Ireland using the airport nightly. The US Air Force also use Shannon as a tech stop on routings to and from the Middle East.
- The airport was used as a training airfield for Concorde. The airport continues to be used regularly for training purposes by several airlines.
- On 27th September 2006, an Airbus A380 landed at Shannon as part of its testing prior to commercial launch, making Shannon one of the first airports in the world to have welcomed the aircraft.
- The airport is listed as an emergency landing site for the NASA Space Shuttle.
- Re-aligned all taxiways by Jeppesen charts and adjusted widths and surfaces according to AIP charts.
- Re-drew the main apron according to Jeppesen charts.
- Added or enhanced minor aprons for GA aircraft.
- Changed all apron parking in line with Jeppsen charts and coded as necessary for airlines and cargo aircraft.
- Added jetways not present in the default airport for the transatlantic airline gates based on Google Earth.
- Added a significant amount of GA parking of various sizes to cover the different aircraft visiting the airport, including new partking in front of and to the side of the Shannon Aerospace building.
- Changed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways.
- Added overlay and diamond crossing arrangements to appropriate taxiways over R13/31, which is out of use, to maintain a smooth flow of traffic.
- Added buildings, parked cars and various other elements to add realism to the airport.
- Added a landclass in the area of the Shannon Aerospace Building and on the other side of the airport for a missing built up area and additionally to the right of R06 to represent the golf course and the marshy area around the oil terminal.
- Added the road (A91) coming to and looping around the passenger side of the terminal along with parked cars and additional buildings. Also placed an oil tanker docked close by the oil terminal and various other items to represent this side of the airport. (Most of the parked cards will be visible to users of Acceleration pack only but their absence has no effect on the airside of the airport for which this AFCAD is primarily designed.)
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing AFCADs and the latest beta version - 1.39.22 - is significantly advanced with the addition of the Approach Mode, written by Jim Vile. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
- Remove any existing EINN AFD/AFCAD file in your FSX installation.
- Place the two files AIG_EINN_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EINN_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_EINN_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_EINN_ADE_MB_Default.BGL and AIG_EINN_ADE_MB_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_einn.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||01.04.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.