AFCAD Enhancement For Stock KPSP
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.34 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Palm Springs International Airport, California (CA). New RNAV (RNP) approaches and transitions with holds for 13R - 31L. custom AI parking and much more. By Kambiz Agazi.
Aerial view of Palm Springs International Airport.
KPSP_KA.bgl represents a modification to the FSX stock airport.
Changes to Palm Springs International Airport include:
- Gate numbers and airline assignments per official Website and google maps and parking sizes optimized for MTX 5.2 and WOAI schedules.
- FSX left off a couple of gates with jetways. I have included them in this modification.
- Additional ramp parking per google maps.
- Corrected runway markings, specifications, lights and instrument landing equipment per airnav.
- Added red flashing light w/tower to Control Tower.
- Added blast pads at the ends of each runway per google maps.
- Reworked vehicle roads around airport for improved service and flow.
- Additional GA parking per Virtual Earth.
- Pavement type modification at the Main Terminal (concrete) and Main GA Parking area (Tarmac) per Virtual Earth.
- New RNAV(RNP w/GPS overlay) approaches for 31L and 13R - see approach plate Y for each. Strict attention must be paid due to surrounding high terrain.
- Reopened the completed taxiway A1.
All airport buildings and objects can now be seen at normal scenery level. jetways begin to appear at the dense scenery level - extremely dense will reveal all jetways.
Airport spot lighting guides have been added. however, to see the lighting you must install fsx_lts by Jim Dhaenens, which can be downloaded from AVSIM or flightsim.
Installation: Place KPSP_KA.bgl and KPSP TOWER WITH redlight attachpt STROBE EFFECT.bgl in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. However, the KPSP scenery should be at a higher scenery priority from that of "other" area scenery including UTX USA and any local or state scenery.
I have tested KPSP using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KPSP works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
KPSP was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2 and WOAI. Terminal airline assignments are accurate. MOST gate assignments are accurate as well. While KPSP will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Terminal or gate when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
CREDITS: KPSP version 1 was created using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.40).
The archive kpsp_ka.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KPSP README.txt||07.20.09||3.30 kB|
|RNAV Y 31L.gif||07.19.09||100.98 kB|
|RNAV Y 13R.gif||07.19.09||105.23 kB|
|KPSP AIRPORT DIAGRAM.gif||07.19.09||58.54 kB|
|KPSP TOWER WITH redlight attachpt STROBE EFFECT.BGL||07.20.09||578 B|
|KPSP VOR OR GPS B.gif||07.19.09||90.07 kB|
|KPSP TOP VIEW.gif||07.20.09||652.68 kB|
|KPSP NIGHT 2.gif||07.20.09||271.57 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.