FSX AFCAD Modification To The Stock KRDU
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.33 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
AFCAD Modification To The Stock KRDU, Raleigh-Durham International Airport, North Carolina (NC). KRDU v1a completes the work of v1 to bring KRDU up to its 2009 condition. Version 1a contains all of the required files and fixes contained in v1 plus more. By Kambiz Agazi.
KRDU v1a is a modification to the stock FSX airport scenery. Version 1 enhancements are shown below as reference. KRDU v1a contains all of the modifications in version 1 plus those listed below.
Version 1a is a complete set of files. You will not need version 1 if you install version 1a.
If you have installed version 1 previously you will need to disable or remove version 1 bgl files completely before installing version 1a.
KRDU v1a Modifications:
1. Terminal and gate assignments further fine tuned to ensure the commuter flights (i.e., CHQ etc.) park at the correct Terminal and gate.
2. The remaining taxiways adjacent to 5L-23R, which have changed since FSX was released, have now been modified in accordance to the airport diagram. Taxiway signs and aprons also fixed and/or modified per the diagram.
3. The North cargo and general aviation ramps and facilities/hangars have been revised per the airport diagram. Additional spot lighting has been added for both ramps.
4. The land class and mesh to the south and west of 5L and 5R has been further refined to remove, to the extent possible irregularities due to existing conditions.
5. Revised parking garage between Terminals 1 and 2.
See below for installation instructions and credits.
KRDU v1 Modifications:
1. Terminal assignments per official Website and optimized for the MTX 5.2a and WOAI schedules.
2. Ramp parking reworked to accomodate the new Challengers and animated cargo.
3. ALL small light GA moved to Ramp area adjacent to 14/32 and a few military ramp parking added per real world - Military helicopters can be added using the editor.
4. Cargo parking modified per virtual earth and optimized for the MTX 5.2a and WOAI schedules.
5. Gate numbers and airline assignments for Terminals 1 and 2 per the official Website.
6. Additional commuter gate parking added per official web page and virtual earth.
7. All runway lights, approach lights/equipment, markings and blastpads added or revised per airnav and virtual earth.
8. All airport scenery now shows at normal scenery density.
9. All runways active - most small single engine props (Cesna 172 etc) land and take-off from 14/32.
10. A few additional airport buildings added on the property and south of the 5s per virtual earth.
11. The Control Tower elevation per the airport diagram and optional red flash effect with Tower added on top of the Control Tower.
12. ALL stock approaches have been revised per the most current plates shown on airnav.
13. ILS transitions based loosely on STAR approaches BUZZY, ARGAL, BRADE and SOUTH BOSTON - to the extent the transition is within the limits of FSX.
14. Several taxiways moved, renamed or modified per VE and the airport diagram - more work needed along 5L-23R, which will be included in a future revision.
15. Airport spot lighting added, see note below.
16. Surrounding land class modified per VE.
T1 - 18 A-GATES
AIRLINES SERVED: TRS, COA, COAX, JBU, SWA, USA, USAX
T2 - 19 C-GATES
AIRLINES SERVED: ACA, JZA, AAL, EGF, DAL, DALX, NWA, NWAX, UAL, UALX
T1 or T2
CHARTER AIR SERVICE: RYN, BSK, AAY, PCE
All airport buildings and objects can now be seen at normal scenery level. jetways begin to appear at the dense scenery level - extremely dense will reveal all jetways. Airport spot lighting guides have been added. however, to see the lighting you must install fsx_lts by Jim Dhaenens.
Installation: Place ALL .bgl files in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. However, the KRDU scenery should be at a higher scenery priority from that of "other" area scenery including UTX USA and any local or state scenery.
I have tested KRDU using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KRDU works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
KRDU was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2a and WOAI. Terminal and gate airline assignments are accurate per the official Website. While KRDU will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Terminal or gate when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
CREDITS: KRDU was modified using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.40). The approach code was created using FAA approach plates and ADE V1.40. A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. The approach code to ALL runways would not have been possible without Jim's KIAD approach tutorial and help.
KRDU approach plates can be downloaded. You will need the RNAV approach plates to fly the RNAV approaches.
The archive krdu_v1a_ka.zip has 16 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KRDU TOWER redlight STROBE EFFECT.BGL||07.25.09||578 B|
|krdu diagram.gif||07.23.09||65.18 kB|
|KRDU README.txt||07.29.09||5.37 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.