AFCAD Enhancement For Stock KDCA
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.27 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Washington National Airport, Washington, DC. KDCA represents a modification to the stock airport scenery. Some of the major changes include: all runways active, new LDA-R approach for runway 19 (Rosslyn LDA), updated the existing LDA runway 19 approach, new RNAV (RNP) approaches with transitions for runways 1-19, airport spot lighting, custom AI parking sizes and terminal assignments per the website and modified land class north of runway 19 at "Gravelly Point". By Kambiz Agazi.
KDCA represents a modification to the stock FSX airport scenery. KDCA was modified using information from airnav, virtual earth, FAA Airport diagram and approach plates, the official Website and personal observations and pictures.
Changes optimized for the MTX 5.2a and WOAI schedules. Some of the major changes include:
- Airline assignments at Terminals A, B, C and the US Airways Express commuter ramps at the North Hangars per the official Website.
- While the gate numbers and number of gates per Terminal are accurate, emphasis at KDCA was on Terminal assignments and not gate assignments.
- AI parking sizes optimized for the MTX 5.2a schedule.
- ALL Airport Scenery now shows at the normal scenery density level.
- All Runway markings, lights and approach equipment and lighting per airnav and personal observations.
- Blastpads added and sized per virtual earth.
- Additional USAX ramp parking at the USAX ramps.
- Additional gates and jetways added to Terminal A per the Web page and verified using virtual earth.
- Additional commuter ramp parking added to the South Hangars ramp area near Terminal A per Website and virtual earth.
- Many jetways either relocated and/or moved to improve or fix parking and/or jetway/terminal disconnects.
- Additional vehicle paths and fuel trucks added to facilitate more effective AI service.
- GA/Cargo ramp area enhanced and optimized for Bombardier Challenger sized GA.
- All new RNAV(RNP) approaches and transitions for Rwy 1-19 - "Gravelly Point nail biter at Rwy 19 for the locals".
- All other approaches and transitions w/missed approach holds have been updated and/or corrected to reflect the most current approach plates.
- Airport spot lighting guides have been included, see note below for installation.
- Minor land class adjustments north of Rwy 19 at a location the locals know as "Gravelly Point" - this is also a popular location used for spotting.
- Red light beacon with tower added on top of the control tower.
I noted that traffic flow can be a problem with AI (IFR) density greater than 75. KDCA has three runways that are active and cross each other at multiple locations. In the future (as time permits) I plan to examine KDCA closely to determine if diamond crossings can be implemented to facilitate traffic flow control.
All airport buildings and objects can now be seen at normal scenery level. jetways begin to appear at the dense scenery level - extremely dense will reveal all jetways.
- Note: Airport spot lighting guides have been added. however, to see the lighting you must install fsx_lts by Jim Dhaenens.
- Place ALL .bgl files in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. However, the KDCA scenery should be at a higher scenery priority from that of "other" area scenery including UTX USA and any local or state scenery.
I have tested KDCA using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KDCA works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
KDCA was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2a and WOAI. Terminal airline assignments are accurate per the official Website. Gate assignments are approximate only. While KDCA will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Terminal when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
CREDITS: KDCA was modified using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.40).
The archive kdca2009_ka.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KDCA README.txt||08.01.09||5.90 kB|
|KDCA TOWER redlight STROBE EFFECT.BGL||08.01.09||578 B|
|KDCA AIRPORT DIAGRAM.gif||07.31.09||87.90 kB|
|ROSSLYN LDA 19.gif||07.31.09||96.29 kB|
|kdca night.jpg||08.01.09||570.77 kB|
|kdca night 2.gif||08.01.09||366.79 kB|
|KDCA SCENERY.jpg||08.01.09||234.82 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.