FSX Modified AI Sounds For Default 737
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.25 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
If you think the default jet sounds for the Boeing 737-800 sound more like a hairdryer than an airplane, then this sound set will help change that. This is a tweaked and mixed set of sound effects which give a more throaty and realistic experience with the AI heavies. By Derek MacCarthy.
In addition to the engines revving at take-off, there is also reverse thruster after landing. All volumes have been increased as well to provide a noisier commercial airport environment. These are not modeled to be authentic sounds for the jets but are merely to provide an improvement on the default.
- Backup the soundai folder in the FSX>SimObjects>Airplanes>B737_800 folder.
- Copy the soundai folder contained in the "737-800 soundset" folder into the FSX>SimObjects>Airplanes>B737_800 folder, overwriting the existing one.
USING THIS SOUNDSET WITH YOUR OWN AI
If you want to use this soundset with your own AI aircraft and they aren't already mapped to use the 737-800 then:
- Place the soundai folder contained within the "Soundai for Jet AI aircraft" in each appropriate aircraft folder.
If you keep your AI in a different folder under SImobjects you will need to alter the line in the soundai.cfg to read:
The archive ai738sai.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|737-800 soundset||11.21.06||0 B|
|Soundai for Jet AI aircraft||11.21.06||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.