FSX Sounds For AI Turboprops
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.01 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
If you think the default sounds for the twin props such as the de Havilland Dash 8 sound too lightweight, then that's because they're mapped to use the Beech King Air 350. This set is a tweaked and mixed version of those sounds to give a deeper engine sound. These are not modelled to be authentic sounds for the turbo props but are merely to provide an improvement on the default. By Derek MacCarthy.
- Backup the soundai folder in the FSX>SimObjects>Airplanes>DH_Dash8_100 folder.
- Copy the soundai folder contained in the "Turbo Prop soundset" with this package into the FSX>SimObjects>Airplanes>DH_Dash8_100 folder, overwriting the existing one.
USING THIS SOUNDSET WITH YOUR OWN AI
If you want to use this soundset with your own AI aircraft and they aren't already mapped to use the Dash 8 then:
- Place the soundai folder contained in the "Soundai for Turbo Prop AI aircraft" into each appropriate aircraft folder.
If you keep your AI in a different folder under SImobjects you will need to alter the line in the soundai.cfg to read:
The archive aiturbsn.zip has 25 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Soundai for Turbo Prop AI aircraft||11.21.06||0 B|
|Turbo Prop soundset||11.21.06||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.