FSX/SP2 Grumman American AA1-5B Tiger
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.72 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
FSX/SP2 Grumman American AA1-5B Tiger. An FSX rebuild of the earlier AA-5B Tiger. Includes updated VC, resized textures and XML gauges. Not tested in Vista/DX10. By Tim Conrad.
SP-2 GRUMMAN AMERICAN AA-5B TIGER
FSX rebuild of my earlier Grumman AA-5B Tiger. Includes updated VC, resized textures, and XML Gauges.
NOT tested in Vista/DX10
1)After downloading the zip, locate it, and extract the zip to a temp folder.
2)If you already have my AA-5B from FS9 flying in FSX, you can back it up to a new area first, or just get rid of it. This new release will work without the old package.
3)Copy the AA-5B folder over to your FSX Aircraft Folder.
4) Copy the aa5b.cab gauge files over to your FSX gauges folder. If asked to overwrite, choice is yours. And if you already have my FS9 Tiger, you should already have the gauges. Most of the gauges are defult MS gauges.
5) In any event you should copy all of your default gauge .cab files from the plane folders over to your main gauges folder. Many designers use panel making apps that only read and work with gauges found in the main gauges folder.
6) If you don't already have the fx_vclight_deepred effects file, install the file to your FSX effects folder.
BEFORE YOU FLY!.....
See steps 1 to 6 above:)
1) The tex's have been resized to 2048x2048. Don't know if this really helps, but it makes it easier for me:0)
2) The VC has been rebuilt with more 3-D switches,levers, and reflective gauges.
3) Existing repaint tex's should work, if remaned properly with the _T endings.
4) You MUST use the new aa5b_placards_T texture for the VC to properly display in FSX. The older FS9 texture will not work.
To all who download and enjoy my planes:-)
And to all of the makers of all the tutorials, utilities, tips, like Airwrench, DXTBMP, How-to's etc. Couldn't do it without you!!
This aircraft was tested in FSX, with Acceleration Add-on
This aircraft was built using the FSX SP-2 SDK
NOT TESTED IN VISTA/DX10!
Flight Model set to HARD
Plane Textures set to HIGH
Screen res set to 1280x1024
Intel DuoCore 6850
19" NEC 1970GX LCD Flat Monitor
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 512MB Vidcard
TM Cougar HOTAS/Sietek Pro Pedals
Results with your Computer and Sim Settings may vary.
This model was built to the best of my skills, knowledge, and simply to my own tastes and standards.
If something is "missing", or "wrong", oh well, you got it for a good price:-) For a one-man shop, I think I do pretty well:-p
DO NOT post or upload to any site or CD, or any other media. And in any event DO NOT try to make money on this package. That means NO fees or charges to access!
I ONLY upload to Sim-Outhouse.com, and Flightsim.com. If you find and download my planes from anywhere else I WILL NOT support it!
Better to ask who ever stole and hacked my plane.
I have nothing against other sites,(well, just the pirate assholes!) I just want to keep things simple, and easy to track.
Tim Piglet Conrad
Piglet's Peculiar Planes
The archive aa-5bx.zip has 26 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.