Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.
Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.
Are you a freeware flight sim developer? Why not submit your creation to our downloads library here.
Grumman AA-5B Tiger, registration N78KP. A repaint for Tim Conrad's Grumman AA5B Tiger based on the real world aircraft of American registration N78KP. Only textures are included; requires AA-5BX.ZIP. Repaint by Edric Chew.
N78KP: Grumman AA-5B Tiger Repaint (FSX) by Edric Chew
This is a repaint for Tim Conrad's superb Grumman AA-5B Tiger based on the real world aircraft of American registration N78KP. Only textures are included, the FSX version of the AA-5B must be installed first. Don't forget to install a later patch which fixes the missing gauges. (AA-5B_FSX.zip and AA5B_1.5.zip respectively).
1. Locate and extract the files to your AA-5B folder. (Default path as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AA-5B\" ) Make sure that the 'Use folder names' option is checked. A folder named 'texture.N78KP' should be automatically created within.
2. Open the AA-5B 'aircraft.cfg' with notepad and copy and paste the following after all other '[fltsim]' entries:
ui_createdby="Piglet's Peculiar Planes"
prop_anim_ratio = 1.72
description=First introduced in 1974, the AA-5 series were unique in their bonded honeycomb airframes, producing a simple, smooth, and strong structure. With a sliding canopy and quick controls, the AA-5 were a breed apart. The later AA-5B series had more powerful engines, giving a needed boost in performance.
3. Remember to replace the "x" from the line '[fltsim.x]' with the next subsequent number (ie. If your last entry was '[fltsim.0]' then replace "x" with "1" to read '[fltsim.1]'. )
- I've used a texture.cfg file for this particular repaint which references the original 'texture' folder for the remaining texture files. This saves a little space and besides, I hate to have duplicate files on my hard drive. :)
- The Turbine Sound Studios Cessna 172 Lycoming O-360 freeware soundpack is highly reccomended to be used with this plane!
- Many thanks to the inspirational Tim Conrad for his wonderful aircrafts and his effort in updating his models to include FSX features.
The archive aa5b_8kp.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
There are no votes yet
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.