FSX Grumman AA-5B Tiger G-ZARI
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.32 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Grumman AA-5B Tiger, registration G-ZARI. Textures only; requires AA-5BX.ZIP. Model by Tim Conrad. Repaint by Edric Chew.
Grumman AA-5B Tiger in flight.
G-ZARI: Grumman AA-5B Tiger Repaint (FSX) by Edric Chew
This is a repaint for Tim "Piglet" Conrad's superb Grumman AA-5B Tiger based on the actual aircraft of UK registration G-ZARI, serial number AA5B-0845. It is owned by ZARI Aviation. The FSX version of the AA-5B must be installed first.
1. Locate and extract the files to your AA-5B folder. (Default path as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AA-5B\" ) Make sure that the 'Use folder names' option is checked. A folder named 'texture.gzari' should be automatically created within.
2. Open the AA-5B 'aircraft.cfg' with notepad and copy and paste the following after all other '[fltsim]' entries:
ui_createdby="Piglet's Peculiar Planes"
prop_anim_ratio = 1.72
description=First introduced in 1974, the AA-5 series were unique in their bonded honeycomb airframes, producing a simple, smooth, and strong structure. With a sliding canopy and quick controls, the AA-5 were a breed apart. The later AA-5B series had more powerful engines, giving a needed boost in performance.
3. Remember to replace the "x" from the line '[fltsim.x]' with the next subsequent number (ie. If your last entry was '[fltsim.0]' then replace "x" with "1" to read '[fltsim.1]'. )
- I've used a texture.cfg file for this particular repaint which references the original 'texture' folder for the remaining texture files. This saves a little space and besides, I hate to have duplicate files on my hard drive. :)
- I'm still saving the texture files as DXT3 extended bitmap so there may be a little quality loss. ( Sorry! ) I contemplated using the 32bit format, but since the files would become really huge, I stuck to the former. I will probably try the .dds format for my future repaints!
- The Turbine Sound Studios Cessna 172 Lycoming O-360 freeware soundpack is highly reccomended to be used with this plane! 'tss_cessna_172_soundpack.zip' at www.avsim.com.
- Many thanks to the inspirational Tim Conrad for his wonderful aircrafts and his effort in updating his models to include FSX features. Don't stop Tim! ^_^
The archive texgzari.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.