FSX Fairchild Air Force Base Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 270.05 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 11 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Scenery Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington (WA). This is an enhanced version of Fairchild AFB (KSKA) for FSX with Acceleration running in "Preview DirectX 10" mode. By Dan Mesmer.
Tested and developed for FSX with Acceleration running in "Preview DirectX 10" mode, this version of Fairchild AFB includes taxiway lines that are DX10 compliant and will not flicker. Generic textures have been used to create custom buildings that are flicker free, as well.
There are some unmodified Microsoft scenery library objects used (including the larger hangars and the fire station) that can produce flickering. To halt flickering of these objects, do the following:
1. Go to "Settings" in FSX.
2. Click on the "Customize" button.
3. Click on the "Scenery" tab and uncheck the "Ground scenery shadows" box.
4. Click the "OK" button.
I N S T A L L A T I O N
1. Copy the "KSKA Enhanced" folder (including the folder, itself) to the FSX "Addon Scenery" folder.
2. In FSX, go to "Settings," and under "Other settings," click the "Scenery Library" button.
3. On the "Settings - Scenery Library" window, click the "Add Area" button.
4. Navigate to the "Addon Scenery" folder, and then double-click on the folder to open it.
5. Click once on "KSKA Enhanced," and click the "OK" button.
6. Clicking the "OK" button above has brought you back to the "Settings - Scenery Library" window. Under "Available scenery areas," "KSKA Enhanced" will appear at the top of the list. Be sure "Enabled" is checked, then click the "OK" button.
A C K N O W L E D G E M E N T
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jon Masterson and team for developing Airport Design Editor FSX Edition (ADE9X v.1.47.03).
This software is freeware and may be distributed only with permission of the author. No commercial use is allowed without the author's permission.
This software is distributed without warranty of any kind either expressed or implied. The author is not responsible for any damage caused by this software.
The archive kska_enhanced.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KSKA Enhanced||02.21.10||0 B|
|Fairchild AFB.jpg||02.21.10||265.36 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.