FSX Pan Am Brazilian Clipper Sikorsky S-42
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 30.22 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Pan Am Brazilian Clipper Sikorsky S-42. Upgrade for George Diemer's FS2004 Sikorsky S42. With these simple additions to the original FS2004 aircraft, FSX users can enjoy flying her as well. Requires the file S42NC822.ZIP. By Jim Donnelly.
The Sikorsky S-42 was one of the great early flying boats. An excellent version of this plane for Flight Sim was created by George Diemer. Unfortunately it was created for use with Flight Sim 2004 (FS9) only. As is, George's files will not work in FSX. I have included here some simple modifications that allow his S-42 to work in FSX.
INSTALLATION: First off, you will need to download the plane itself. The file needed is:
s42nc822.zip by George Diemer.
After downloading and unzipping the file, DO NOT follow George's instructions for installing since these relate to FS9 only. Instead copy or move the folder called Sikorsky S-42 NC-822M to your Airplanes folder in FSX. In a default installation of FSX, the path to use is:
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes/
Now, using the files included here, inside the Sikorsky S-42 NC-822M folder:
1. Replace the Aircraft.cfg file.
2. Replace the panel.cfg file in the panel folder.
3. Add the thumbnail.jpg file to the texture folder.
NOTES: The Aircraft.cfg contains modifications to George's original file including:
* The callsign "Pan Am," and the flight number "822" to match the plane's ID.
* Modifications to the 'contact points' for behavior on the water.
* Added viewpoints for a total of 10 (5 Cockpit Views and 5 Aircraft Views).
* Disabled autothrottle which isn't part of this plane.
* Modified the autopilot to allow banking while holding altitude (I like that).
* The panel.cfg has one line removed from the FS9 version which corrects the display.
* The thumbnail.jpg, created from George's image, will show in FSX when selecting the S-42.
ATTENTION: This airplane takes longer to load than standard FSX aircraft, about a minute or so longer. After the aircraft loads, I suggest you display the secondary panels once. There will be a few seconds delay for panels created for the aircraft (shift-3, shift-4, and shift-7). After they display once there will be no further time delays.
ATTENTION: This airplane DOES NOT work in Preview DirectX 10 mode.
My restrictions concerning these files are the same as George Diemer's in his files. It is freeware.
My thanks to George Diemer for his approval and permission to publish this upgrade.
The archive s42nc822-fsx.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.