FlightSim Commander is a professional flight planner, GPS, Moving Map and navigation tool for Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X . Being a stand-alone program, FlightSim Commander can also be used in a network or with single-monitor or multi-monitor systems.
Major new features of version 8.5:
- "fly over" feature for passing waypoints
- SID/STAR section remodeled for ease of use
- for weather information both QNH and Inches
- beep replaced by .wav file when passing waypoints
- display of Great Circle route for static aircraft
- expansion of Color Theme feature
- both UTC and local time displayable in status label
- many minor cosmetic changes and bug fixes
You can use the upgrade file below only for updating from v. 8.4 (with or without patches) to v. 8.5. If you have any version earlier than 8.4 installed, you must use the full version download. If, in this case, you are a registered user, make a backup copy of the file register.fsc which is located in the main FlightSim Commander directory. After installation of the full version 8.5 copy the file back to the main FS Commander directory.
If you own the boxed or download version of FlightSim Commander distributed by Aerosoft, you cannot use the upgrade files on this page. Please go to the Aerosoft website (www.aerosoft.de) and download the upgrade file from there.
Important (only for unregistered users):
If you still own an old version such as 8.0 or 8.1 and plan to register with SimMarket, you must download and install the full version 8.5, since 8.0 and 8.1 can no longer be registered.
More information over at the SimShack page here.