About the airport: This airport has a visibility restriction and only operates during daylight due to the requirement of a visual approach to land. The aircraft operate mainly in one direction of flight in and out of this airport, they land on runway 28 and depart on runway 10. During weather situations in which no visual approach can be made the airport is closed until the weather gets better. No pilot dares to land with an overcast sky into an airport completely surrounded by mountains and no precision guidance navaid in order to assist for the landing. Therefore all landings conducted are SOLELY visual, and strict VFR rules apply. American Airlines (AA) briefly operated in this airport in the late 90's and the word out there was that they kept doing miss approaches having difficulties with the approach, so it is widely known to be an airport dominated by veterans of the Cuzco approach, mainly Peruvian pilots or Andean pilots that know how difficult it is to have such restrictions. This is certainly the Madeira or the Innsbruck of all Latin American airports, it would be wise to say that this one is harder due to the lack of a precision approach. And by the way the largest aircraft permitted to operate here is a B757-200, however, anything bigger than a B737-200 needs government approval.
In this scenery package you will have:
- The entire area of Cuzco photorealistic with custom autogen and with thousands of objects based on real aerial photos of Cusco.
- The entire Tnte. Alejandro Velasco Astete airport modeled accurately with its terminal and surrounding areas.
- Animated jet ways, marshaller at the jetway stands.
- A complete mesh of the Cuzco area having detailed and precise elevation for the area.
- The exact position of the airport based on the photo information.
- Custumized AFCAD for the usage of AI aircraft.
- And much more!
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.