Newport announced the release of VFR Cozumel X, a scenery addition for Flight Simulator X (FSX), on 11th January 2011. As a scenery addition for FSX, VFR Cozumel X covers the island of Cozumel, Mexico, and its surrounding waters. Cozumel is one of the most popular holiday destinations worldwide – its warm waters; spectacular shores and rich history means the island has a lot to offer to all tourists. Cozumel is also a world-famous dive site.
The scenery includes the following:
- Buildings and trees that are accurately placed to match Cozumel's landscape
- Photo real textures for Cozumel island in its entirety
- Photo real water textures of Cozumel's surrounding pristine waters
- Custom placed airport scenery for Cozumel Int'l Airport (MMCZ)
- Animations of a wide range of wildlife including birds, whales, and dolphins
- Island textures for day, night, dawn, and dusk
- A wide range of land and water vehicles
- A scenery which is frame rate friendly, allowing the user to change the autogen settings
The scenery is designed to merge with the default water where the scenery border ends, and this ensures a smooth transition back to default scenery.
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.