Released from freeware flight sim developer, Project Open Sky is this fully featured Boeing 747-200 E-4B Nightwatch aircraft for FS2004. The package features many great features including high quality panel, reverser spray, autobrake and many more. It also has many animated parts with lots of eye candy. You can download it here from the downloads library.
Project Open Sky released today another special variant of the great 747-200v4A series. The E-4B Nightwatch is derived from the Boeing 747-200B and was introduced on the height of the cold war in 1973 as E-4A. In 1979 the last of four aircraft was delivered and equipped with new instruments, now designated E-4B. The rest of the fleet was updated to the E-4B standard until 1985.
The E-4B is constructed to serve as an independent advanced airborne command post to withstand the EMP after a nuclear weapon attack when parts of land bound electronic equipment is unusable. The military leaders could control the entire armed forces of the US from this command post. The four E-4B belong to the Air Combat Command, 55th Wing, 1st Airborne Command Control Squadron based at Offutt AFB.
Please have fun flying our newest model.
Model: 747-200v4 Hiroshi Igami, E-4B Modification Jakob Klein
FDE : Warren C. Daniel, Brandon D. Henry
Paint: Master Textures Corey Ford, E-4B 50125 Ryan Chadwick
In this package the POSKY Utility Panel (Hiroshi Igami), the POSKY 747 Autobrake V1.3 (Jakob Klein) and the POSKY Reverser Spray (Edward Cox) are already included, see respective readmes for detail.
Beside the standard animations the E-4B offers all 747v4A animations like ground equipment plus more:
- Opening L1 door with custom interior according to best availiable detail (Shift + E, 1)
- Opening Forward Cargo door (Shift + E, 2)
- Opening L2 door (Shift + E, 3)
- Opening Air Refuel Receptable (Shift + E, 4)
- Extendable Integral Airstair in Forward Cargo Hold (Cargo 1 via POSKY Utility Panel)
- Opening Cockpit Hatch (Cargo 2 via POSKY Utility Panel)
- (Cargo 3 is reserved, no animation yet)
- Special extra wing droop for the tips when the tip tanks are filled