Flight Simulator X is a computer game which is a flight simulators. Released in 2006, it features GPS, airways and nav-aids. It includes 28 city plans, 18 models of planes and over twenty four thousand airports. You can also upgrade to a version with 38 cities and 24 planes. AFS Design has now released a global scenery enhancement for this very game. This will increase the textural quality and also the autogenic scenery of your existence copy of the software.
Screenshot showing before and after effects of the scenery upgrade. The top image shows the improved scenery, while the bottom shows default FSX scenery.
New enhancements and features of the program
- Three new weather themes for winter and summertime
- The simulation of a weather cyclone
- New effects for sunrise and sunset
- Photorealistic cloud structures for 256 new clouds kind
- Evolved sunset and sunrise effects depending on the season
- 73 autogenous sky textures
- New different and more evolved cloud structures representing stratus, cumulus and cirrus clouds
- FSX textures and autogenics
- New scenery objects such as trees
- Development of existing objects
- Revised land classes and 111 additional textures for FSX (all textures are adjusted air photographs
- Every new texture has have 3 alternative altitudes
- More sophisticated mirror effects for the representations of water at different times of the day
- Development of 663 standard textures
- New ground and runway textures and generally revised land classes and new textures for all buildings such as factories and skyscrapers
- Revised planes and detail in planes
The new software generally provides more detailed effects and graphics to give an even more realistic look and feel to the program playability without having to buy the entire program all over again. It's a next generation bit of software which retains all the of the original aspects of the simulator but brings it in line with the latest graphic technologies and allows the user to feel 'in the game' like never before, with a generally improved look and feel to the program, allowing a much more real experience.
You can grab your copy of the scenery package here.