Orbx has announced that it will release FTX Global for FSX and Prepar3D during the first half of 2013.
FTX Global will cover the whole world with FTX textures – flight simulation enthusiasts will never have the need to use the default FSX textures.
In an announcement posted on the company’s website, John Venema, CEO of Orbx, said, “In 2013 we will be releasing a FTX product for FSX and Prepar3D that covers the entire world with FTX textures combined from the twelve different regions we have developed since 2008 including England. It won't be a perfect solution like a "full-fat" FTX region because it is predominately textures only. However, it will cover the whole globe with Orbx so you never have to experience FSX default textures again.”
- A total substitution of FSX ground textures
- Substitute default FSX, enabling you to run with FTX Central set to NA, EU, etc
- Autogen buildings and objects
- 3D lights with FTX night or day mode
- Ability to uninstall if you want to go back to default FSX
- Custom landclass – you can deactivate these as per your preference
- A double installer for FSX and P3D
- Continuous updates on land class, textures, airports, POI objects, etc – Orbx has a full complement of staff who will work on upgrades on a full time basis, including airports and POIs improvements, and custom landclass around the globe.
FTX Global does not include the following:
- Traffic on roads (only default FSX traffic)
- Geographical and vector data (coastlines, roads, rivers, elevation mesh)
- Recent upgrades on airports
- Complete polygon landclass and hand-crafted landclass
- Unique ground textures in the region you are flying in
- Widespread custom modeled stadiums, wind farms, stations, photo real areas etc
Great Performance, great price tag
FTX Global promises exceptional performance – so you will be able to run this program smoothly on your PC.
FTX Global will have a price tag of AU$195 / US$205 / 154 EUR, which includes a lifetime free upgrades. As the company releases more detailed and advanced regions around the world, it will be able to improve the quality of the global product.
FTX Global is compatible with the following:
- Ultimate Terrain X (UTX)
- All FSX scenery add-ons
- SceneryTech LC or other LC add-on
- REX, AS2012, and other weather texture add-ons
- FSGenesis as well as other elevation mesh add-ons
- And other add-ons
It is important to note that FTX Global is not compatible with GEX (which substitute FSX default textures) – which means you have to choose FTX Global or GEX. Additionally, FTX Global is not compatible with FScene4X.
FTX Global is also not compatible with Orbx payware airports, which are designed to match Orbx’s dedicated full FTX regions for NA/AU/EU/NZ.
FTX Global will be available for downloading online, and can be installed easily. The install files will be about 5GB, and will require approximately 8GB of disk space. Orbx recommends 10GB of free space for FTX Global. A DVD version will also be available a few months after the product’s release.
Orbx Simulation Systems is an Australian company with headquarters in Melbourne. Orbx designed the highly popular VOZ freeware series. The company designs products that are used by flight simulation enthusiasts across the world.
In addition to FTX Global, the company is currently working on several FTX regional airport products, including Northern California, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and South Alaska. The company has plans to make more European regional products, namely Holland, Germany, Belgium and Norway, among others.
According to Orbx, FTX Global is simply stunning, with all places depicted beautifully and vividly.
Flight simulation enthusiasts are certainly looking forward to getting their hands on FTX Global.