FSX Mesh for Southern Africa 605 Scenery Part 2
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 74.17 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 12 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Highly detailed 76m SRTM mesh for southern Africa using the latest release of STRM Data v2.1, covering the area of base file 0605, south s22 30' and west of E030 (Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe). This is part 2 of 2 parts. You need to download all two parts to restore the mesh bgl file. This mesh replaces the earlier Aeroworx SA mesh. This release covers the total base file and correct mesh gaps that occurred in the previous release. By Hannes Steyn, Martin du Preez, Aeroworx.
Overview of Southern Africa mesh.
RESTORING TO THE ORIGINAL FILE:
Unzip or extract this file to a temp folder. You need to have 3 files in this folder:
- Create_demX0604w.exe ;FsxMesh0605_Part1.zip
- demX0605w.bgl.1 ;FsxMesh0605_Part1.zip
- Run Create_demX0605w.exe and it will restore the file to the original .bgl file called demX605w.bgl
INSTALLATION - FSX:
- Then copy the file over to the proper directory in FSX: "*"\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0605.
- Overwrite or remove our old file: demX0605w.bgl
- This mesh will work best with the latest release of Aeroworx detailed Terrain Features for Southern Africa. The level of the many dams and other vector data have been fine tuned to the elevations as to work with in the Aeroworx FSX Mesh.
- You will still find some default dams and airfields to be sunken into the ground or sitting on elevated surfaces.
- Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution, Mesh Complexity at 100 to enjoy the full benefits of the Mesh.
- DO NOT use any other add-on meshes with this scenery.
- Sunken or raised lakes and airfields: Any high-res terrain mesh tends to reveal the often-inaccurate default lake and airport elevations.
- Incompatibility with 3rd-party scenery add-ons: Any add-on terrain mesh can negatively impact scenery add-ons outside of default airports.
- Due to the limitations in the 76m mesh, water in dams will not always level up to the dam wall (Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution).
The archive fsxmesh0605_part2.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.